RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Greetings all.

I'm like day four into this 3d print of Rafa's helmet.

I added some fill to the very bottom of the helmet for support.... can't print in the air yet. :)

What I've noticed is that the dome is full of support/fill. Anyone have the same issue?

Last observation, the stl files seems to have definitive vertical lines around the circumference of the helmet. Sort of like an octagon if you will...

Any one else have some of these observations. I'll run down and grab a snap of the current process.View attachment 191803
Did you figure out why the top is full of material. I am having the same problem.

Did you figure out why the top is full of material. I am having the same problem.
No I didn't, I took the file as is.... I was relatively new at the point when I posted. Since then I've printed out probably 8 other helmets. In short I abandoned this file and found another one that printed out smoother. One of these days, I need to go back and see if I can clean up the file.

RafalFett I'm Only on page one and not only is this ASTOUNDING, but also GENEROUS of you to share your exhaustive works to better the group as a whole. You're what we all should be striving for in that matter. Thank you so much...today and every day - THIS ROCKS

Can you give a look to the Helmet Ears With Rangefinder Stalk model? I've downloaded it from 3D Warehouse for Sketcup 2020 and the model isn't manyfold and the hole near the base for the wires is omitted while slicing in Cura.

KBUKrHb.png

Here's a pic of one of the sides, so it's clear. I had to close both.

Hey RafalFett, thank you so much for these. I'm in the process of printing some of the weapons, but I was wondering if you would allow some more parts to be downloadable on Shapeways please? Specifically the ROT EE-3 2 piece barrel and the ESB Sidearm body, barrel and barrel parts. Thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words. I won't add them as downloadable because the ROTJ barrel can be easily split in multiple parts with minimal knowledge (use Windows 3D Builder or any free program for that); the sidearm parts can be separated with a bit of work.

Hey man! awesome 3D prints, i saw you dont have the dented version. Are you planning on making those? looking forward to it!

Hey man! awesome 3D prints, i saw you dont have the dented version. Are you planning on making those? looking forward to it!

If you are talking about the armor, then no. The dents can be easily added after printing with a bit of heat and a blunt object.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back