Quick resin warping question

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
I left my M_S helmet in a car in a hot day for no more than 10 minutes, I come back and the resin rangefinder is bent about 50 degrees inward.

I was just going to heat it up with a heatgun and bend it, but I just wanted to know if there are any precautions I should take...I've never tried heating resin before.

Thanks.

MARROW SUN

Active Hunter
Hey JFJ sorry to hear your RF bent :(, you might want to try a blowdryer first, I think the heat gun might be a bit too much.

mobius

Active Hunter
The rangefinder stalk that came with my MSH2 always bend inwards and was very bendable so I bought a steel rod 3mm, then I used my dremel and made a groove from the top to the bottom. I used fiberglass to secure the rod in place and sanded the excess fiberglass of and painted it again it worked wonders it is very strong now. But not that heavy I got the servo to lift it up and down. But I do not recomend a small servo cause the clogwheels are so fragile that they break.

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
I think you'll find that if you make use of the SEARCH feature you will find oodles of threads about the MSH2, including on just a few threads below this one.