quick question

ryan101011

Jr Hunter
I'm currently in a tight situation where time is very precious, and was wondering whether or not to start the paint job on my esb helmet, I've already got the silver coat on and was wondering how long it takes to complete it to a good standard (maybe a low-501st approvable standard) how many man-hours are usually required in how many sessions in how many weeks maybe, thanks in advance, Ryan

took me 25 days but I wasn't in a hurry. If I were in a hurry I'd say I could do it in a week or less considering drying times. There were evenings I'd spend several hours transferring my templet then masking then painting and starting the whole process over again the next night. It's time consuming but if you do a coat then let it sit for weeks, it's not going to hurt anything unless you have a finish date you need to hit. I never kept track of my hours because I have only painted one and it took a while to get the right mixes and being my first time I had to learn some stuff as I went. Sorry, I'm really no help at all.

It's not so much that it takes a lot of time of actually working on it, though some of the more detailed areas do take a while to stencil.

Most the time rather is spent waiting for layers to dry. You pretty much get a layer a day if you want to be good on the cure times, and considering the ESB helmet is made up of a couple dozen colors all layered in varying ways, it adds up to at least a month in most cases. So pretty few actual man hours, but spread out over a long period.

The most time-consuming and tedious part will be cutting out the templates.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back