Questions about makeing Custom's

Dot Phear

New Hunter
Hi, I am currently drawing up some plans for a mando. Questions I got is there any set rules on like what there should be ( like what is the must on every suit ) and the jet pack can it be made different? I just don't want to break some Galactic Law on Mando armor and be Flogged for later.

arctroopomega5

Active Hunter
really all i think that it NEEDS is the helmet, chest and shoulder armor, cod peice and gauntlets. other than that its fair game. if you go with a Jet Pack it doesnt have to look just like Boba or Jango, it can be your design. Its YOUR custom so do what you want really.

katarn

New Hunter
Honestly, I think that if you want to go truly custom, the only thing that really needs to be standard is the helmet, and even then, it doesn't have to be a precise copies of the Fetts.

A bit of research about the Mandalorian people has shown that their armor has changed over the years, as is shown in this pic, which I found on wookieepedia.
708px-Mandalorian_Armors.JPG

All of these are technically correct forms of armor, they just aren't from the movies, so don't expect to use it to join the 501st.

I'm currently working on a custom myself, and am designing it towards a Mandalorian Sniper/Scout, so the armor I'm thinking of will have some resemblance to the Fett style of armor, but it definatley won't be a carbon copy.

Hope this helps

Dot Phear

New Hunter
yes it does thanks for responding, Im leaning toward a commander or high rank of some sort or maybe a champion hunter once i get the pic's drawn up i will get them on the site and start makeing my armor.

katarn

New Hunter
Dot, glad I helped. I read today that the Knights of the Old Republic #7 comic book is an excellent source for mandalorian armor that isn't the style Boba/Jango wear.

Jango Kast

New Hunter
i know that a helmet kind of gives a costume a Mandalorian look to it, but is it REALLY required? has anyone ever tried making a montross costume? i know in open season he wore a helmet, but he didnt ALWAYS wear it...look @ the bounty hunter game. he still looked Mandalorian, but lacked that infamous helmet...ahh hell, maybe this ranting is pointless...if i end up makin a custom it'll have a helmet just cuz they're too cool for school. just thought i'd try to illustrate a (valid?) point.

MandoMan

Active Hunter
That's what I'm going to love about my custom. If I get too hot in there, I can take it off, and not have to worry about looking like Jango or something! (y) I'll still probably try to keep it on as much as I can, because I don't look like a tough, battle worn Mando much. :lol:

Nocturne

Active Hunter
yes it does thanks for responding, Im leaning toward a commander or high rank of some sort or maybe a champion hunter once i get the pic's drawn up i will get them on the site and start makeing my armor.

Mando's don't really go in for ranks that much, so unless you're planning a Mandalore armour rank is largely irrelevent. But having said that, you can focus more on honor or clan markings (the Jaig eyes for instance)