Complete beginner questions

Zalkar

New Hunter
Hi everyone, my dad and I have been planning on making mandalorian armor for quite some time, and we just have some general questions on how to start so we don't mess things up early on and end up wasting money. Our main question is what material is best for the actual armor plating that is attached to the flightsuit. From what I've read, it seems mostly people use something callled Sintra, which I only have a basic understanding of. I'd just like something that is durable and high-quality rather than the thinner armor plates I've seen on some costumes. (Also what would be the best way to attach the pices to the flightsuit..?) Another thing is how to make the shape of the helmet... from what I've been able to find people seem to make molds from already made helmets, but where would you get something like that to actually make the mold? We'd really appreciate it if anyone could give a beginner some advice, thanks.

Welcome!

Many of the answers you seek are scattered throughout TDH, but they also depend upon your end-goal. It sounds like you are interested in building a Fett from scratch, which you can certainly do. There are templates for the helmet, for example, but you can also purchase one from someone who has taken the time and effort to create a mold and then makes and sells helmets. The same can pretty much be said for nearly every single piece of this costume. I would recommend doing some searches within the forum.

I believe Sintra is a brand-name of what can basically be described as flat PVC. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Jeah Sintra is just a brandname aswell as Bondo. In Customing You can safe alot of money searching for cheaper Brandnames and no-name products instead of using the "common" expensive Brands.

if you want it durable -> Metal

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back