Question on pvc for armor

Buckeye09

New Hunter
Hi guys, quick question in regard to my first armor build (again). I'm shopping for 6mm Sintra and I found a plastics company that sent me a quote. However, I can't tell if this is basically the same thing or not. It's referred to as "Palight Mask 1S Foam PVC" and it's about $65 for a 4'x8' sheet. IS this basically the same thing as the Sintra brand expanded PVC? I want to make sure before I pull the trigger. I've attached a screen grab of the quote. If any of you experienced Sintra users could chime in, it would be appreciated, because this will be the biggest expense for this build and I have authorization from my wife to buy it lol. Thanks!

pvc.JPG

Brother, I got two 4X8 sheets of sintra one 3 and one 6 mm for under $60. I bought from a company called Allied plastics in Houston. Their competition referred me to them and told me they were cheap. SO much so that they said they didn't know how they sold it that cheap. You might want to see if you have one of those close by. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

As far as the original question, I've seen this material pop up a couple times in my search so I was wondering if this is, in fact, the same / similar material as the 6mm Sintra recommends. Does anyone know?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back