question about attaching cod piece

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
What is the general method of attaching the cod piece? I was using straps that attached and cliped around my back but that is just looking to blah in my opinion. So I am trying to find out what every body else has used I was thinking about using round magnets with a hole in the middle that way I can sew them into my flight suit and then just glue the others onto my cod piece....

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I attached 2 pieces of industrial strength velcro on the hips of my flightsuit, and 2 corresponding pieces on the cod. I just press it in place and it works like a champ.
Oh, I have a vac-formed cod piece, so it's really lightweight. Don't know if that method would work as well with fiberglass.

Mr Fett

Well-Known Hunter
I just have industrial velcro on each side of the cod and kidney armor, and tighten it enough where it holds itself up by itself. I also have my Boba thong glued inside my cod, and then velcroed inside my kidney armor. That way I can break it down to the cod / kidney armor parts more compactly in my costume tub.

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
I attached 2 pieces of industrial strength velcro on the hips of my flightsuit, and 2 corresponding pieces on the cod. I just press it in place and it works like a champ.
Oh, I have a vac-formed cod piece, so it's really lightweight. Don't know if that method would work as well with fiberglass.

well I dont use fiber glass I use Sintra so its not really that heavy so if I put one on each end of the cod and one or two pieces towards the center I should be ok. That would be alot easier than sewing in magnets huh. :lol:

webchief

Well-Known Hunter
I use the collar studs on each hip to literally screw it together while it's on me. If you look at the museum pics you'll see that there's a collar stud on each side.