Painting boots..White to color?

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
Hey guys,

So I got my hands on a pair of WF boots for my ESB build and they are white, so I am looking into different ways to paint them the appropriate colors. Looking for someone who has done this in the past with success l, with either an airbrush, or hand painting.

Thanks!

Krewkid82 I'll try some different acrylics when I get the chance. When I get something rolling, I'll post a tutorial so others that start out with the "blank canvas" boots, can get an idea of where to go with painting.

Hi I’m new and looking to paint my new boots and I cannot seem to find the post you mentioned.
I'm not sure he ever did it, but these were his results:

I used acrylics on mine, but the base for mine were the older light grey ones from Man Of War. I think the base boot is the same, except the colour, but the principle is the same.

I'm not sure he ever did it, but these were his results:

I used acrylics on mine, but the base for mine were the older light grey ones from Man Of War. I think the base boot is the same, except the colour, but the principle is the same.

Many many thanks dude
I wrote the basics of what I did in my thread. Obviously, I was starting with a darker base colour, the light grey, but the principle is the same.

I used acrylics, and made sure the boots were fairly wet in order to keep the blend. I used, mainly, the same blues that I used when creating the same colour as the interior of the ESB helmet - these were darker blues from Royal blues to navy blues. I also used black acrylic, a brown ink that I had, and pollyscale 'aged concrete'. Then I wore them around the garden for a bit, when they were dry, and did some light work for some real dirt and wear.

I think Fett 4 Real has done plenty of white boots for commissions. He's probably the man to ask

I wrote the basics of what I did in my thread. Obviously, I was starting with a darker base colour, the light grey, but the principle is the same.

I used acrylics, and made sure the boots were fairly wet in order to keep the blend. I used, mainly, the same blues that I used when creating the same colour as the interior of the ESB helmet - these were darker blues from Royal blues to navy blues. I also used black acrylic, a brown ink that I had, and pollyscale 'aged concrete'. Then I wore them around the garden for a bit, when they were dry, and did some light work for some real dirt and wear.

I think Fett 4 Real has done plenty of white boots for commissions. He's probably the man to ask
Yes, but I’m not sure he’d want his secrets out lol

He's right, there's also this

i don’t have time to do a tutorial. Spideyfett already did one... same principles apply. Do like others have and do some research on painting and weathering. Use the google machine too! You have so much information that is out there.
i don’t have time to do a tutorial. Spideyfett already did one... same principles apply. Do like others have and do some research on painting and weathering. Use the google machine too! You have so much information that is out there.
Like I said… many thanks :)

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back