bobawife

New Hunter
It’s me, I’m the overwhelmed wife. I decided to take on the project of creating a ROTJ Boba Fett cosplay costume for my husband as a Father’s Day gift. The only help i have is a teenage brother with a 3D printer who is helping me. I bought files for the armor that we’re about to start on and I have close to no sewing skills besides sewing a straight line. My husband has been obsessed with Boba Fett since a close family member who loved him and introduced my husband to Star Wars passed away tragically in a heroic act when he was young. I’m hopeless and stressed but I know he’d love this and we can’t afford to buy a nice one premade. I’m just looking for any and all tips and to learn from others mistakes from the experienced people on here that will help this to go a little more smoothly!

Hello,
Without a doubt, if there is a will, there is a way so do not be hopeless. I would say the hardest part would be the soft parts. There are quite a few sellers, but turn around times may not align with Father's day. As for armor, do you plan on painting it or getting a commission for it? What is your budget in terms of accuracy? Higher end costumes will definitely run you a few grand, but if you need something quicker and cheaper there are many sellers on etsy to check out. If you are interested in commissions for armor as for painting, I can link you to a few if you would like. If you want to do it on your own, I would highly recommend jurassic fett on instagram as he has been nothing less than one of the biggest contributors and help for all Fett's. He would give you plenty of good advice as for colors and stuff. MinuteFett has some good stuff as well to check out more on the accuracy side as well as links to many other fetts that could assist in this build.

Hello,
Without a doubt, if there is a will, there is a way so do not be hopeless. I would say the hardest part would be the soft parts. There are quite a few sellers, but turn around times may not align with Father's day. As for armor, do you plan on painting it or getting a commission for it? What is your budget in terms of accuracy? Higher end costumes will definitely run you a few grand, but if you need something quicker and cheaper there are many sellers on etsy to check out. If you are interested in commissions for armor as for painting, I can link you to a few if you would like. If you want to do it on your own, I would highly recommend jurassic fett on instagram as he has been nothing less than one of the biggest contributors and help for all Fett's. He would give you plenty of good advice as for colors and stuff. MinuteFett has some good stuff as well to check out more on the accuracy side as well as links to many other fetts that could assist in this build.
Thank you so much for the Instagram accounts, I’ll be checking those out immediately! I’m looking to do the painting myself and as much as I can on my own. I found some files just today on Etsy and purchased them so my brother will be printing them in pieces and we’ll be assembling and painting them together. All other parts I’ll make on my own if possible but I’m open to purchasing things when needed. I am pretty crafty and super determined, so I’m hoping to stay under $500, and I’d be happy if it was $400 said and done. I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg, but this will likely be the coolest present I ever give him so a few hundred I can handle. His birthday is mid July so if I struggle to hit the Father’s Day timeline luckily I have that to lean back on!

First of all... what a wonderful wife you must be. It would be wonderful to have someone in my life who would even ave such an idea...

The aforementioned tips are already very valid. You could also us the search bar here on the site to look for the keyword "budget" and take inspiration from those threads.

How much of a fan is he? If he is a hardcore fan my best bet would be to spend that ammount on a accurate helmet plus paint rather than buying/making a whole costume, which, even in the lowest budgets, start from 1.000$.

He will be very proud of you anyway, and you will end with a present you are proud to give too.

Just my opinion.

First of all... what a wonderful wife you must be. It would be wonderful to have someone in my life who would even ave such an idea...

The aforementioned tips are already very valid. You could also us the search bar here on the site to look for the keyword "budget" and take inspiration from those threads.
Thank you so much! That’s a super helpful hint, I’ll try searching with “budget” for sure now!

How much of a fan is he? If he is a hardcore fan my best bet would be to spend that ammount on a accurate helmet plus paint rather than buying/making a whole costume, which, even in the lowest budgets, start from 1.000$.

He will be very proud of you anyway, and you will end with a present you are proud to give too.

Just my opinion.
Thank you! I appreciate the tips!

Just my opinion.

I was thinking the same as KaanE. I think this would be your best bet to meet your budget and timeline.

See if anyone has any leftover parts or if they have upgraded and don't want the old parts, see if they will give them to you or sell them for shipping only. Ord.Mantell, Minute Fett, Wasted Fett, Boba87Fett on Instagram have been known to be helpful. And they might know others who can help.

See if anyone has any leftover parts or if they have upgraded and don't want the old parts, see if they will give them to you or sell them for shipping only. Ord.Mantell, Minute Fett, Wasted Fett, Boba87Fett on Instagram have been known to be helpful. And they might know others who can help.
This is so helpful, thank you!!

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back