General Overheating issues - anybody tried air con system in the jetpack?

My initial testing with a makeshift system included a gel ice pack on my front chest in the centre & another on my back in the centre, with a gel ice pack in each front leg pocket. These gel packs lasted about 90mins and I swapped them out for fresh ones after lunchtime break. They made life a LOT more bearable indeed.

I have only just finally finished my personal spec cool vest. I bought two breathable adult football bibs (like a side-less tabard vest) & cut one short to fit under the flack vest. I then used the other bib as a breathable material donor to sew on the pockets for the ice/gel packs to slot into. The jetpack harness goes on top of the vest/gels etc, then the flack vest, then the rear armour plate. It is a snug fit - I was worried about the added girth with these but I'm ok.

I now have two larger ice packs that go across my back - these are around 3/4" thick & contain water, then two tall thin gel filled packs that are 1/4" thick at the front. I may use a half height gel pack on the heart side of my chest as I read the ice pack may cause angina & blood vessel operation side effects.

I also have two smaller square water based ice packs that go into my leg map pockets. The water based ice packs last quite a bit longer than the gel type (just as advertised).

I will keep you posted after a few troops.

BobaFettNewcastle Facebook.

I checked into devising a Thermo Electric Cooler set up. The power requirements are too high to make it practical. You couldn't carry a battery pack and conceal it in your Jet Pack or anywhere else big enough to provide cooling for any length of time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back