Ord Mantell's ESB build

How did you learn about the mirror in the belly armor by the 3 wholes? I've never seen a pic from the inside. Do you know if it is on the ROTJ Boba as well?

How did you learn about the mirror in the belly armor by the 3 wholes? I've never seen a pic from the inside. Do you know if it is on the ROTJ Boba as well?
I had a theory about it for a long time. Then had a chance to ask someone who had seen what's back there, so I asked. The ESB ab plate was re-used as the ROTJ ab plate, so yes, it's on ROTJ as well, although it looks like it was probably hit with silver paint. Not sure.

Happy new year! 2023 Is the year this build is finished. Some progress shots.

Paterson vintage squeegee
patersoncut.jpg
patersonstripe.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 2.57.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 2.57.35 PM.png

additional vintage stylus brush
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.00.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 2.49.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.03.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.03.29 PM.png
Untitled copy 6.jpg

New armor arrival
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.34.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.36.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.38.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.38.45 PM.png

IMG_8047.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.45.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 3.46.38 PM.png

All three sets of new armor, mounted:
IMG_8502.jpg

I had a theory about it for a long time. Then had a chance to ask someone who had seen what's back there, so I asked. The ESB ab plate was re-used as the ROTJ ab plate, so yes, it's on ROTJ as well, although it looks like it was probably hit with silver paint.

Amazing. It's crazy to think that more than 40 years after the release of the film, there are still elements of this costume to discover given the number of people who are dedicated to this character. I'm updating mine tonight to add this piece.

Recently put the photogrammetry chest armor from minutfett in place on the clothears vest. This is how it matches with the placement in scene 371:

I can't wait for spicy fett to finnish the paint job on mine and his armor. You convinced me to redo my entire kit and I love you for that but my wife don't hahaha

Helmet Electronics Part 2

After identifying all the parts on the board, I tried to start learning electronics to make it work. But luckily last summer I met Dean, aka Fettfromhell on IG, in person which eventually led to a discussion about the helmet electronics. After he got the info he needed he took off like a rocket and figured the whole thing out lickity split. I'm really grateful because I wasn't making any progress on it on my own and was honestly saving it for the last item on the build to do. But no more. I sent all my vintage parts for my board his way and it all came back ready to be installed in my helmet. Which can't happen until the helmet comes back from England but this is how it looks now. Truly fantastic. Can't wait to get it installed:

IMG_8914.jpeg
IMG_8915.jpeg
IMG_8916.jpeg

I just realized I left the microswitch in the helmet ear, which I did not intend to do when I sent the helmet to the UK. :lol:

Special thanks to Dean for going the extra mile and replacing my sticker of the board text with his cutout machine text. If Dean does more of these, you'd be crazy not to get one. They are stellar.

Any thought of the hook and eye being used for the knees as well? I've always used the same attachment approach to the knees that I do for the cod/kidney. I'm not shooting for "Ord" accuracy on my builds for stuff that's not visible but genuinely curious how they attached the knees.

Any thought of the hook and eye being used for the knees as well? I've always used the same attachment approach to the knees that I do for the cod/kidney. I'm not shooting for "Ord" accuracy on my builds for stuff that's not visible but genuinely curious how they attached the knees.
I don't know the answer for ESB but my guess based on pics of the RotJ that survives is glue on the outter side and velcro on the inner side.

Final update for the EE3 Sidewinder replica: swapping out the compressed wood stock for a solid wood stock replica from FieldMarshall (ironically copied from a Webley I sold to him).

Added in the missing chunk in the top back first:

IMG_9506.PNG

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 2.44.06 PM.png

EE3 is finally complete for my display. Mid-production configuration:

IMG_9591.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back