On going progress for final 501st approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a lack of refinement in the paintwork here and that it requires further improvement. A good indicator of this is the killstripes on your helmet; they're too thick. I don't know exactly what the 501st requirement list state because the 501st doesn't interest me but I do believe their objectives are designed to encourage people toward costumes with a relatively high degree of replication of the movie costumes. Using your killstripes as the easiest to illustrate example: do they replicate the stripes on the Jedi helmet? I would say that they're a way off and that more effort is needed.

got it. thanks. i would strongly suggest starting a progress thread over on the BHG.net as well, the more eyes on your kit, the better chance to steer you in the right direction by individuals who know and are involved in the approval process.

and just so you or anyone else reading is aware, there are new and revamped requirements for ROTJ Fett posted on the BHG forum that we will be publishing to the Legion page very soon. these requirements are quite different than the current. these new requirements are what the GML will base your submission off of. We have given the ROTJ CRL a complete overhaul and it is much more specific to the film references, including things like armor thickness, accurate color recommendations and a strong push towards screen accuracy.

check it out...
Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

Boba Fett is the BHG's flagship character, much like Vader is to the entire 501st and we all take the costume very seriously, so some harsh scrutiny is something you need to take into consideration if membership is truly your goal. please understand that feedback is part of the game, good or bad, you have to absorb it all. between TDH and the BHG, you will find the best and most valid feedback on this planet as it pertains to any versions of Boba Fett, ultimately we are all just here to help you on your journey.

Here you go

You have me confused with someone else. We’ve exchanged a few PMs regarding your posts. That does not make us “friends”. You should goto the 501st page for the boba Fett return of the Jedi costume. And read the requirements before you lash out at these guys who KNOW what they’re talking about. You are the one who needs to grow up sir. These people aren’t posting to make fun of you or give you a hard time. They’re spending their own time replying to you in a gesture to help your build to be correct and not look like it was done based off a comic book and not the vast amount of reference we have.
you know what !
I really don't give a flying **** about US retargeted live in your parents basements comments look up elstree studios ? UK that's is were is were all starwars started before lucas ran with his tail between his legs for a bigger budget back to the US were it started so wind your spotty teenager never grow up neck in ! and ban me from this eyebrow lickicking pretentious site

got it. thanks. i would strongly suggest starting a progress thread over on the BHG.net as well, the more eyes on your kit, the better chance to steer you in the right direction by individuals who know and are involved in the approval process.

and just so you or anyone else reading is aware, there are new and revamped requirements for ROTJ Fett posted on the BHG forum that we will be publishing to the Legion page very soon. these requirements are quite different than the current. these new requirements are what the GML will base your submission off of. We have given the ROTJ CRL a complete overhaul and it is much more specific to the film references, including things like armor thickness, accurate color recommendations and a strong push towards screen accuracy.

check it out...
Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

Boba Fett is the BHG's flagship character, much like Vader is to the entire 501st and we all take the costume very seriously, so some harsh scrutiny is something you need to take into consideration if membership is truly your goal. please understand that feedback is part of the game, good or bad, you have to absorb it all. between TDH and the BHG, you will find the best and most valid feedback on this planet as it pertains to any versions of Boba Fett, ultimately we are all just here to help you on your journey.
yep thanks

you know what !
I really don't give a flying **** about US retargeted live in your parents basements comments look up elstree studios ? UK that's is were is were all starwars started before lucas ran with his tail between his legs for a bigger budget back to the US were it started so wind your spotty teenager never grow up neck in ! and ban me from this eyebrow lickicking pretentious site

Ali, that's unnecessarily rude. You've received feedback you haven't liked but feedback that isn't genuine and well informed is worthless. If you want what you've stated you're aiming at then you need to up your game.

Ali, that's unnecessarily rude. You've received feedback you haven't liked but feedback that isn't genuine and well informed is worthless. If you want what you've stated you're aiming at then you need to up your game.
Cheers Andy
Just sick of this US ******** mate humourless geeky twats

well that's one way to get banned...

on second thought, maybe don't go tot he BHG, we really don't take too kindly to this type of behavior.

Yay hope it works as let's be honest US on intelligence ? $ and Donald trump **** sack and thats called supper power ? Let the banjos begin !
suuuure-whatever-you-say-buddy.jpg

No one is trying to dig you out. I can understand being disheartened if people have given opinions that aren't glowing straight off the bat but few people get that; no one was born and woke up with an innate skill in making Boba Fett costumes. Everyone here is standing on the shoulders of someone who went before us with this stuff. There is some good feedback here and there's some good work in your build, it just needs more work and that probably the position of nearly all of the builds here; there's always something to be improved on. You may not like what everyone has to say or even how they say it but getting banned would close down some valuable opportunities available through this site.

Let me get this straight, you want to be approved to the 501st, and post here about it. Then you start bashing anyone who is giving you the constructive criticism you need to make your costume correct. Heaven forbid if sometime down the road, someone told you that your costume was incorrect during a troop, would you react the same way? The 501st members are supposed to be ambassadors of good will and you sir are acting like a spoiled child and anything but a future ambassador of good will.

As a casual observer reading this thread, all these guys who have replied to you are correct. You posted your build thread here and the guys who replied with some tips and tricks to get your costume approved more accurately to the real movie costume, you have gotten hostile towards. None of them were yelling at you. They were just giving normal costume build advice (which this forum is supposed to be about in the first place).

Then you increasingly got more and more angry with every reply to this thread to the point of name calling Americans as a whole “******** mate humourless geeky twats” (massive generalization) and then brought our current President’s name into it, which alone has nothing at all to do with Star Wars, Boba Fett, or costuming in general….. That really makes no sense.

The guys replying were only giving solid learned advice they themselves have had to learn on their own over the years they worked on building their own Boba costumes.

The 501st is international....not just UK. The CRL rules apply for all applying to the 501st. You've been given some constructive feedback. I suggest you take it.

I
As a casual observer reading this thread, all these guys who have replied to you are correct. You posted your build thread here and the guys who replied with some tips and tricks to get your costume approved more accurately to the real movie costume, you have gotten hostile towards. None of them were yelling at you. They were just giving normal costume build advice (which this forum is supposed to be about in the first place).

Then you increasingly got more and more angry with every reply to this thread to the point of name calling Americans as a whole “******** mate humourless geeky twats” (massive generalization) and then brought our current President’s name into it, which alone has nothing at all to do with Star Wars, Boba Fett, or costuming in general….. That really makes no sense.

The guys replying were only giving solid learned advice they themselves have had to learn on their own over the years they worked on building their own Boba costumes.
I'll send flowers next time and a big thank you for all the unprofessional remarks ya ya prick and oh I knew I forgot something..... Yep it's to really give a flying **** ! Silly old grouchy me ;

Andy your a great and nice fella but to be honest rude or not mate this site is stagnant and now full off pretentious pricks
I'm done mate
A hobby is to enjoy and not to be judged by ass holes and geekso_O

I can see why Dom was a bit upset with you. I don't think I should have to scroll through your post history just to offer my opinion.
But anyways, as I was saying, the kill stripes are too thick and I don't think you fit 18 of them on there.
If anyone who has gone through the 501 approval process could chime in?
Learn to spell fuckwit

Just submit your kit right now to the 501st! The paint scheme looks 100% accurate and walked right off the set! The armor! Looks fantastic! We can tell you’ve spent hours replicating every small detail and weathering patterns on the Jetpack! You’re ready for infamous level!

That’s pretentious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back