On going progress for final 501st approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobawomble

Jr Hunter
Having had time away from the dented helmet forum to get more UK advice and help from 501st garrison here are some pictures of my progress so for.
IMG_20181110_190512.jpg
IMG_20181118_181826.jpg
IMG_20181118_183214.jpg

IMG_20181118_181901.jpg

Might wanna make the armor a touch greener. Also I don’t know for 100% if the 501st in the UK or at all allows foam for armor.

If you’re going to shoot for 501st approval you’ll need to repaint everything basically. The CRL states the paint should match the references as close as possible. The chest armor will need to be thinner as it sits now it’s really thick looking. It should be about 1/3 the thickness you have right now.

If you really are going for 501st approval, aside from the text, look at the CRL pictures, look at the available photo references and ask yourself, "Does my kit represent what is being shown in the photos/pictures?" If your answer is yes, well then nice work! If your answer is no, you have a pretty extensive roadmap to help guide you. Use it.

If you really are going for 501st approval, aside from the text, look at the CRL pictures, look at the available photo references and ask yourself, "Does my kit represent what is being shown in the photos/pictures?" If your answer is yes, well then nice work! If your answer is no, you have a pretty extensive roadmap to help guide you. Use it.
Why thanks for the heads up im already on it and my answer on asking myself Is yes ! it will do fine ! As it's already had approvel from a professional armourer !
But thanks for you observation o_O

Last edited:
If you’re going to shoot for 501st approval you’ll need to repaint everything basically. The CRL states the paint should match the references as close as possible. The chest armor will need to be thinner as it sits now it’s really thick looking. It should be about 1/3 the thickness you have right now.
Thanks but got a ok this side of the water for armour and colours ok it's just lighting in my workshop and thicknesses is a return curve as armour is thin and as specified it's ment to have the look of being thick !

Love all the comments on what's wrong or what is seen as wrong but not a dicky bird about the time and effort I personally spent painting up my jetpack ! We'll god dam ;)

Hey bud, take a second to appreciate the time I put into giving you a critique. If you don’t want a critique, maybe don’t post on the internet. (Look yo what critique is I’m not dissing you, I’m trying to help you as I have several times) replies like you make to people is offputting. In the future I’ll be sure to ignore any of your posts being you need praise for sub par work rather then the truth.

Hey bud, take a second to appreciate the time I put into giving you a critique. If you don’t want a critique, maybe don’t post on the internet. (Look yo what critique is I’m not dissing you, I’m trying to help you as I have several times) replies like you make to people is offputting. In the future I’ll be sure to ignore any of your posts being you need praise for sub par work rather then the truth.
Really ? Help is appreciated not qoutes on what's wrong ! If I come across as human forgive that little fault we all share and sub par is a bit harsh but thanks for all your hard work it's appreciated (y)

The Killstripes are too thick. Paint on the jetpack looks thick and doesn't look too accurate. Chest armor looks a bit off, is the armor home made?
Other than that it looks good at first glance, but may need some re-touching.

The Killstripes are too thick. Paint on the jetpack looks thick and doesn't look too accurate. Chest armor looks a bit off, is the armor home made?
Other than that it looks good at first glance, but may need some re-touching.
Yep home made and touch ups are being worked in when I get time from rat catching; look up my other threads before you comment please and Kill stripes are fine as no specification in thickness is mentioned anywhere on any 501st approvel so UK side its ok and already approved so as already mentioned armour is already passed ! Again I say thanks for offering your opinion (y)

Last edited:
Yep home made look up my other threads before you comment please and Kill stripes are fine as no specification in thickness is mentioned anywhere on any 5001st approvel so UK side its ok and already approved so as already mentioned armour is already passed ! Again I say thanks for offering your opinion (y)
I can see why Dom was a bit upset with you. I don't think I should have to scroll through your post history just to offer my opinion.
But anyways, as I was saying, the kill stripes are too thick and I don't think you fit 18 of them on there.
If anyone who has gone through the 501 approval process could chime in?

Thanks but not changing stripes just for you pal ! Helmets already approved so thanks for your opinion ! be it just that (y)
And Pete as you know as Dom is a friend so let's drop that ok
Many thanks
Bobawomble o_O

Last edited:
What was the point of you making this thread if no one can critique you? Every WIP or 501 approval thread that I’ve seen had tons of critique in it. You’re being combative with some of the most in demand painters on here lol.
Really ? Grow up pal ! Put your time in instead of you unwanted responses ! I'm a free spirit my friend little harsh at times but to be honest ive worked my ass off on a hobby that gets me away from killing small animals so hay ho ;)

Last edited:
Here you go
Thanks but not changing stripes just for you pal ! Helmets already approved so thanks for your opinion ! be it just that (y)
And Pete as you know as Dom is a friend so let's drop that ok
Many thanks
Bobawomble o_O
You have me confused with someone else. We’ve exchanged a few PMs regarding your posts. That does not make us “friends”. You should goto the 501st page for the boba Fett return of the Jedi costume. And read the requirements before you lash out at these guys who KNOW what they’re talking about. You are the one who needs to grow up sir. These people aren’t posting to make fun of you or give you a hard time. They’re spending their own time replying to you in a gesture to help your build to be correct and not look like it was done based off a comic book and not the vast amount of reference we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back