Night time helmet wearing problems

Omega Man

Active Hunter
As most of you know that many of these functions that we attend are at night. When we wear our helmets and with low light levels, we are blind.

I have been thinking of using a very light tinted visor, mounting it permantly to helmet, then layering a second visor(same tint as the permanant visor) on the inside of the helmet. This second tinted visor would darken the visor and would be removeable.

So during daytime functions, i would have a double visor, then at night i would remove the inner visor, resulting in better vision. (y)

neither do i, however, mine is a shade 3 or a 5 which ever is the darker of the two...i was thbinking about switching to a dark grey instead of welding green.... has anyone done the night-vision? or is that just proposterous?

I have a smoked acyllic visor in mine with black window tinting on the inside... can't see ANYTHING going in...NOTHING but I can see just fine out. I've worn it at night, in clubs, conventions, etc...never really had a problem with vision.

On my old DP'95, I mounted my visor from the front, onto three Velcro braces. Originally, I did this in order to have a removeable visor for future helmet repaints. However, I toyed with the idea of making a second, clear visor specifically for nighttime activities. I never really used the idea, since my dark visor was also light enough for me to see in the dark.

If you use the front-mount method, there's an idea for you...

My green visor works great! I walked around trick or treating with some kids and had no problems.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back