> Type: Radio

Pitch Correct
> Type: Soft
> Scale: Maj(Min)
> Key: D
> Gender: -1
> Octave: -1oct
Tone/SFX: Off

Radio On/No Pitch sounds pretty close, but still a little robotic. Cool though!

It's the lowered octave that makes it sound robotic. Set it to 0 and it'll get rid of the it but it takes the gravel with it. I may play with the Distort SFX which is used in the Kylo setting to see if that can replicate a gravelly voice.

I'm not sure how long the batteries last. I accidentally left it on for an hour and came back to a low battery warning which worried me, but I bought it used so the batteries may have already had a lot of use.

It's nice, and I can definitely see it work well for Kylo, but for Fett, there's no shame in the $30 aker amp and rasping your voice to save a few bucks :)

This. I run dual Akers, one in each ammo belt pocket, a cheap mic from Amazon, and a little gravel in my voice. Is it perfect? No, but it works for the kids and adults alike. lol! Here's a little video clip of this setup in action at a surprise birthday party I did this summer (blurred out the kids' faces for obvious reasons).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was wondering if anyone had any actual experience with the "HyTechToyz" Mandalorian Voice Changers. Last summer when I was trying to put together a basic fett costume for halloween (back before deciding to eventually go full 501st approval WIP) I purchased the "pro series" mandalorean voice changer off of ebay. It's a hell of a way on the pricey side, was $150... and has so many wires, batteries, and speakers (2 mini speakers, 1 larger sub woofer type speaker) that it looks like a jet engine's cockpit exploded. I had them include a remote switch at the end of a 3ft wire... so that I could have the unit up in my eventual helmet, and then have a wire running down through the jumpsuit, under my glove, and have a "remote switch" down on my finger... so that I could talk normal, but when I would want to talk like fett with the voice distortion, I could touch my index finger and thumbpad together on my right hand, pressing the little button under my glove, and then it would turn on the mic. I figured that I NEEDED to have a remote on/off for the voice distortion & mic, because I was going to be trick or treating with my 2 little kids, and didn't want to scare the hell out of them by only having scary distorted voice. Talk in dad voice.... then when needed, press my 2 fingers together and talk like fett.

Then because of another thread in here I saw one of you guy post about the remote microphone headset on ebay which should work great with it, and allow me to keep all of the bulk of the wires/speakers in a pouch(es) and just have the wireless headset in my bucket. That's the plan anyways.

It distorts your voice when you talk, definitely a metallic reverb to it, though like all voice changers you have to talk with a slightly altered gravely voice to try to imitate fett a little bit, otherwise it's just your voice with distortion.

I'm asking because my costume fell through, I'm now waiting on my real stuff to get made/painted (woot), but haven't actually gotten to use the unit IN a helmet. Using it outside of a helmet I was pleased with it, especially the "remote" on/off option to speak as fett or speak normal by pressing a remote button

Was wondering if ANYONE in here has used it. I heard horrible things about the "basic" voice changer they made, so bought the upgraded "pro" one, and like it thus far. Was wondering if anyone here has used a pro series voice changer from them while trooping.

Was wondering if anyone had any actual experience with the "HyTechToyz" Mandalorian Voice Changers. Last summer when I was trying to put together a basic fett costume for halloween (back before deciding to eventually go full 501st approval WIP) I purchased the "pro series" mandalorean voice changer off of ebay. It's a hell of a way on the pricey side, was $150... and has so many wires, batteries, and speakers (2 mini speakers, 1 larger sub woofer type speaker) that it looks like a jet engine's cockpit exploded. I had them include a remote switch at the end of a 3ft wire... so that I could have the unit up in my eventual helmet, and then have a wire running down through the jumpsuit, under my glove, and have a "remote switch" down on my finger... so that I could talk normal, but when I would want to talk like fett with the voice distortion, I could touch my index finger and thumbpad together on my right hand, pressing the little button under my glove, and then it would turn on the mic. I figured that I NEEDED to have a remote on/off for the voice distortion & mic, because I was going to be trick or treating with my 2 little kids, and didn't want to scare the hell out of them by only having scary distorted voice. Talk in dad voice.... then when needed, press my 2 fingers together and talk like fett.

Then because of another thread in here I saw one of you guy post about the remote microphone headset on ebay which should work great with it, and allow me to keep all of the bulk of the wires/speakers in a pouch(es) and just have the wireless headset in my bucket. That's the plan anyways.

It distorts your voice when you talk, definitely a metallic reverb to it, though like all voice changers you have to talk with a slightly altered gravely voice to try to imitate fett a little bit, otherwise it's just your voice with distortion.

I'm asking because my costume fell through, I'm now waiting on my real stuff to get made/painted (woot), but haven't actually gotten to use the unit IN a helmet. Using it outside of a helmet I was pleased with it, especially the "remote" on/off option to speak as fett or speak normal by pressing a remote button

Was wondering if ANYONE in here has used it. I heard horrible things about the "basic" voice changer they made, so bought the upgraded "pro" one, and like it thus far. Was wondering if anyone here has used a pro series voice changer from them while trooping.

I haven't had experience using any voice changing device, but I would love to hear their take on a mandalorian voice.

Here's what I've got for Boba:

#1:
Pitch Correct
Tone/SFX

Pitch Correct
> Gender: 0
Tone/SFX

Pitch Correct
Tone/SFX: Off

Besides to Boss VE-5.... what adapter are you using for the xlr mic in? can you list the components you used? Thanks!

Besides to Boss VE-5.... what adapter are you using for the xlr mic in? can you list the components you used? Thanks!

I've got an XLR > 3.5mm adapter. From what I've read, most of these won't work. I'm using the Rode VXLR+ (only the + version works). That's connected to the receiver of my wireless microphone, so if you have a wired setup, you just plug your mic in there. Then, I've got a male to male cable running from the headphones out on the VE-5 to the Mic in on the Aker.

This is pretty cool! I've used the voice synth app with some of the presets I found here and it's close. Definitely think this has potential though. (y)

In the new VE-5 setup, everything is a VERY tight fit until I find a better solution, but I can JUST cram an Aker 1506 in the same thigh pocket as the VE-5.

I stick the VE-5 in sideways and it takes up half the pouch. The speaker velcros to the top left hand side of it. I've go a short male to male cable with right angle jacks to connect the speaker. I've also got a right angle cable that attaches to the XLR adapter and goes into the wireless receiver for the mic (which velcros to the back of the speaker).

I went on my first troop with the setup the other week. My only issue is struggling to prevent the buttons from being pressed in the pocket. The unit is sorely missing a keylock, or a standby mode. The knob in the middle twists really easily and changes out the voice changing setting. The only solution I can think of is making several identical settings on either side of the preset. Also, the screen display is bright enough to be seen through the fabric of the thigh pouch. I've added a foam cover to it although it makes getting it in and out of the pouch quite awkward.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back