New pics!!!

Farva

Active Hunter
Here are some pics of me half way through my upgrades. Of course with my best bud Jimmy Buffett in his awesome ROTJ Boba! Well everyone said I looked good and a whole lot of people swore up and down that my helmet was going to be too big but personally I think it looks very proportionate!!! Give me some feed back!

hote 5.jpg

This was my first time putting everything on since upgrading and it was at an event! I lost my boot armor after walking a block.....Anyhow I still need to make alot of adjustments and get my leather vest sewn together and dye my new girth belt....I still cant believe I am using a towel..........LOL I also need to lighten up the holsters and darken and weather up the pouch belt Cruzer any help with that wouldbe appreciated!

Oh also how the heck do you guys keep your MRs from falling out while walking? My rubies never slid out but it felt like the Mrs were going to fly out every 10 seconds!

I put 1 Chicago screw through the back of the holster, into the thigh armor. Keeps the holsters stable and eliminates the need for straps on the thigh armor, it's held up by the holsters. I don't think the helmet is too big, what type is it? Was your boot armor snapped on?

The boot armor was done with straps but velcroed to the shoes. I have the snaps but wasnt able to get through the side of the shoe!

The helmet is the biggest one out there that I know of........Its a MLC converted into Jango.

Hey firstson, the upper body looks good, but you are right, the holster and thigh areas need to be dialed in.

Either those holsters weren't made for you, or you got in on my very first run when I wasn't custom fitting the strapping system to each person's dimensions. It wasn't until later that I figured out what strap sizes worked best with each person's height and waist size.

Tell me what your height is, and I'll let you know what each strap length should be and that should bring everything up and in. Then, do like Jango_Newbie said and use the Chicago screws on your holsters to hold your thigh pieces in place.

And yeah, get rid of the "towel" girth belt:lol: , but hey that is pretty inventive;) , I'll have to give you that much.

Looking good!
How do you like that metal armor?
Oh, and take some acetone on a rag to the leather goods to take off some of the color.

Well, since I saw the costume in person, I've gotta say the helmet fits ya just fine, and looks pretty good on somebody with your body structure. Although in the pic of the both of us, your helmet indeed does make mine look tiny!:lol:

In regards to the holster issue, I had the same problem (people wonder why I wouldn't take my hands off my blasters during Halloween!) One solution I've found effective is to tighten the belts ... I actually was able to run and dance briefly during the MS Walk last week without the blasters falling out.

Looks great Chris!!!!!! I am proud of you haha.
Seriously it looks very good indeed. Much better from your past Jango as well.
The helmet looks fine BTW

Hey firstson, the upper body looks good, but you are right, the holster and thigh areas need to be dialed in. I think the thighs may need to come outwards as well.

Either those holsters weren't made for you, or you got in on my very first run when I wasn't custom fitting the strapping system to each person's dimensions. It wasn't until later that I figured out what strap sizes worked best with each person's height and waist size. They are your V3s that were that reddish color that you gave me that "sweet deal" on....

Tell me what your height is, and I'll let you know what each strap length should be and that should bring everything up and in. Then, do like Jango_Newbie said and use the Chicago screws on your holsters to hold your thigh pieces in place. I am 6'3"

And yeah, get rid of the "towel" girth belt:lol: , but hey that is pretty inventive;) , I'll have to give you that much. I ordered my bolo from Steve but just have not had the time to build and dye it.

Looking good!
How do you like that metal armor? I love Jeffs armor especially because it flexes with my size thats important. I would like to get a combo of yours and BKBTs but who knows what the future holds. I also like it because I have great shine and no RnB on my gloves!
Oh, and take some acetone on a rag to the leather goods to take off some of the color. I will try that thanks![/quote]

Thanks again Lorenzo!

all right, got those measurements for you this morning...sorry 2 kids and both the wife and I working full time and then some kinda slows down my response time sometimes!

Here are the estimated lengths the three straps should be for 6'3":
d-ring strap= 16.5"
top side strap (strap connected to belt)= 14.5"
bottom side strap (strap connected to holster= 8"

If you take off the straps and ship them to me in a padded envelope(save on shipping charges), then I can make all the necessary adjustments for you.

Hope that helps(y)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back