New Guy here

LOL! you don't 1st of all, let it sit once you're done and don't f with it for a couple days or a week or two if you can stand it:). give it a chance to harden up. it'll still wear a bit and rub off a bit but not so much.

Hey everyone, how do I keep the Rub and Buff from rubbing off to everything else?
Thanks
Rob

Use just a little bit at a time. Rub it on really well over the entire piece, then buff the heck out of it with an old cotton t-shirt. Just when you think your done buffing, go another 3 minutes and you should be good. If you do it right you can skip the gym that day. :lol: I spent about 15-20 minutes per piece including the initial rub on. Your styrene should be pretty smooth, but it wouldn't hurt to prime it, wet sand it, prime it again, wet sand it and R&B it. The smoother it is prior to R&B, the shinier it will turn out.

BTW, the girth is 35" from edge to edge. Leave the space in the back and it's good up to 35". Has 3 holes in the center ( used to keep ammo belt in place) that will be covered by your ammo belt. Leathyer backed with snaps on the inside for holsters, if you don't want the holsters, just pull the leather/snap off the inside. They are glued to the backing.

Also, strap the knees and shins throught the suit. Chicago screw your holsters to your thigh armor. Keeps everything in place and you won't have to strap the thighs on, they'll be held in place by your holsters. Cruzer does it this way and I copied it from him. The leather drop leg holster straps will keep the whole set up in place. I would recommend using snaps on the leg armor instead of velcro.

Very cool! Thanks a ton!!!! I was thinking of attaching the holsters to the thigh armor but didn't know if I should do so to the legs.
Thanks again!
Rob

Just like to say all you guys have been a great source of information and support and thanks a ton.
NOW! Big question....How long is the two cuts on the chest plate? and are they center or a little off center. Are they two inches long by (top)1/8 (bottom) 1/4?
Thanks
Rob

Hey everyone! I like to say I'm back!!!
About two months ago I lost my job and had to start all over and just stop all personal projects.
I missed comic con and a bunch of So Ca functions but now that everything is rolling again I focusing on finishing up my Jango.

"Question"
How are the two cuts on the armor, on the left side of the chest armor.
Size and and placement.
Thanks guys and girls
Rob

Sorry, for the typo..edit by Rob-b-1

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ran into an issue with how do I connect the shin guards on!
Solution! pro magnets! I gooped 4 pro markers onto cut off socks and then pro magnets onto the back of the guards. they worked great! I'll get some pics up soon.
FYI
ROB

Interesting idea. On the real suit, there was elastic that went through the jumpsuit and around the leg to keep the shin guards on.

Hi Rob,

I don't have much response to say about armor, But I wanted to say HI to a fellow OCSWS member.

Glad to know you are working on your costume again!
My nephew has not done much on his. He got busy with work.

Anyway,

TTFN
Debbi

Sorry I haven't had time to post pics of my shin guards but! Here are my new personally made amo pouches.
picture7317fn4.jpg

The big issue I had was that the leather didn't match the bolo cord.
I used...
1st Tandy eco flow dye water based "Timber Brown"
2nd Tandy med. brown antique.
They looked great! But! They didn't match.
Solution!
I tooke Tandy "Mahgoney" eco flow dye water based and watered it down. I did a quick whip on whip off wash which gave them a better red tone.
I know a lot of work but I can now make these for other Jangos!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to part out my jango head to foot and have a nice pair of Resin blue door gauntlets for sale and anything else you might need

Question, where can I get that part the has the right top part connect the gauntlet to the top hose?

And, Where can I get the hinge for the gauntlets
Thanks
Rob

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back