New CRL

NikTrooper

Active Hunter
Just to note that there's a new CRL. The squeegee tool is now silver, which personally I think is a bit iffy, and the top of the switch for the right is now dark red. Although what is meant by "Top of light switch is painted dark red" I'm not sure... The side you press? The side of the button that is at the top when viewed from the side, or the top when it's straight down?

Hey there, I'm the Detachment Leader for the BHG....

We're talking about the button for the Eveready Mini light being a dark red in color.

Yeah.. the Squeegee is definitely not silver imo..
My interpretation from the archive photos is its just the original plastic color with a lot of overspray on it like this. Most certainly wont be repainting mine silver anyway

86856D20-E82F-4AD8-A815-F2E4D6C64954.jpeg

So why change it? Basically I won't pass clearing now because mine isn't silver. And I can't get an answer to which part of the button is actually supposed to be dark red! This is mine, done as per the tutorials on this forum.

35683231304_da621c39d7_k.jpg

Just to note that there's a new CRL. The squeegee tool is now silver, which personally I think is a bit iffy, and the top of the switch for the right is now dark red. Although what is meant by "Top of light switch is painted dark red" I'm not sure... The side you press? The side of the button that is at the top when viewed from the side, or the top when it's straight down?

I think this is what they mean by the top being red , correct me if I'm wrong Major. You can just see the top of the button is red/maroon (was the only pic I had handy, didn't seem to have a top shot):

View attachment 160347
Boba_Fett_ESB_5fef41b3a3b25e4d593b_54.jpg

Whats especially confusing to me about this is there’s no real clear evidence to support this change (for the shin tools). All shin tools present in the exhibits clearly show they received a light overspray to the light grey plastic
To me the ESB tools look no different, and there’s no logcal reason for them to be

1E67E2C0-1DF1-4C62-9D73-FACF80608316.png

The color of the shin tools wasn’t changed from previous versions..... not something I looked at.
That’s something I’m open to discussion on.

Slash, you are correct, it’s the button that’s a dark red.

So why change it? Basically I won't pass clearing now because mine isn't silver. And I can't get an answer to which part of the button is actually supposed to be dark red! This is mine, done as per the tutorials on this forum.

Nice work Nik! Love the chipping effect on the squeegee!

Just a heads up, you've weathered the squeegee in a bit more of an ROTJ fashion. ESB is a little different (ESB used the PP3 tools), mainly the sanded off circle thingy, left of the orange stripe.
upload_2018-1-27_18-13-44.png

Here's a better shot on the PP3 suit
upload_2018-1-27_18-20-54.png

Also, the ESB era anti-security blade is pretty void of any significant weathering at the time and should be pretty clean (again, originally PP3)...
upload_2018-1-27_18-15-4.png

Only the top flat part of the button should be brownish-red, the sides should be the same color as the gauntlet...
upload_2018-1-27_18-3-36.png

Just to clarify, really none of the squeegees are silver, save MAYBE the ROTJ SE but that isn't even a Paterson squeegee. Here's a comparison of all versions we have decent photo references of...
upload_2018-1-27_18-2-11.png

Aaaaand for anyone still listening...

The ESB CRL is and has been undergoing a pretty significant overhaul. The shin tools are one of many of the references that are being replaced (how long was the ROTJ striped anti-security blade the ESB reference photo??). The squeegee that you see on the ESB CRL today is from 2013, a cut and paste from the ROTJ CRL and is inaccurate (even for ROTJ). It will all be updated very soon.

As stated the ROTJ SE Sonic beam thingy might be silver. But the ESB Patterson Squeege appears to be as others have stated, raw color with painted details, black tape, and weathering. No silver but definitely light grey.

The Anti Security thingy has two versions that I know of. For ESB it was very light grey.
On other suits it was basically raw color with weathering. See attached pictures of a replica I painted for a friend.

20171013_012353.jpg

As stated the ROTJ SE Sonic beam thingy might be silver. But the ESB Patterson Squeege appears to be as others have stated, raw color with painted details, black tape, and weathering. No silver but definitely light grey.

The Anti Security thingy has two versions that I know of. For ESB it was very light grey.
On other suits it was basically raw color with weathering. See attached pictures of a replica I painted for a friend.

That makes sense that there were two, looking at the more weathered ESB-style anti-security thingy is seen in the AOSW displays versus the pretty plain PP3/ESB version. And definitely no silver. I think it was assumed to be silver due to the weathering worn off at the edges of the squeegee, creating what could be mistaken as a reflection. Much like the white collar studs in ESB, everyone just assumes the white is reflective silver when in actuality, its really just white.

Thanks JB and everyone for clarifying. So not silver but I've overdone mine. :) Should I redo it? They're not exactly expensive. Not sure what the circle sanded off "thingy" is though. It's pretty flat. Maybe just mask out a circle.

Thanks JB and everyone for clarifying. So not silver but I've overdone mine. :) Should I redo it? They're not exactly expensive. Not sure what the circle sanded off "thingy" is though. It's pretty flat. Maybe just mask out a circle.

For that spot I literally just used my thumb and twisted it while the paint was still kinda wet to reveal the original plastic underneath. I figured that’s exactly what the original probably was (a thumb spot from handling too early) so thats what I did to replicate it. Dip your thumb in thinner and do the same and it should work too

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back