Nemrod holster

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
IMG_8112.JPG

I need some advice on modifying this holster I recently purchased from Danzofett.

Has anybody any tips on how to cut the sheath off and what tool to use ?

I think I just used a dremmel and then sanded it. Then resprayed using a satin black auto spray from Halfords or somewhere. Horrible material to cut if I recall. The bottom hole required the removal of much more than I thought I'd need. To reduce the rear section by the trigger guard I used the hallway shots as a guide and tested it with the Pulce. It was a good days worth of tinkering. There are some shots in my ESB build thread. Art Andrews did this a few years ago too and his thread had some lovely shots in it; well lit and so fourth. Search 'Nemrod display' and select the thread created by AA. Darth Vorhees has also done this and his thread will come up in the same search. I understand the nervousness surrounding cutting into and expensive found part as I felt the same myself but be careful and just go for it. Good luck.

I honestly can't remember what I started with now, but it was likely a dremel. However, if I were to do it again today, I'd probably use a hack saw or some other fine-toothed saw. I know a LOT of people use dremels, but I just don't trust myself with them too much and have messed up a LOT of props with them. Take it slow and steady to remove the large chunk which will leave two edges on each side. I filed those down with a large file (because it is easy to control). Keep in mind that this is NOT supposed to be perfect or look great. It was VERY "hacked" off on the original and then they sanded/filed the surface of it quite a bit including the Nemrod logo.

Another note... if you go back and look at my thread that intwenothor mentioned... that was my first attempt at converting a Nemrod holster. I believe that holster ultimately went to Fettpride who cast it up, but also damaged it in the process, and I ended up getting another holster that I did a MUCH better job on. Let me see if I can't take some photos of the new holster this week.

Here's mine. As Art noted a dremmel can get away from you. I stayed well to the outside of the sheath lines but even then I was surprised how close it was on the inner edge once the thing came off. I then filed and sanded fairly aggressively. I would agree that the finish on the screen used is pretty rubbish with the sanding marks clearly visible in the carbon chamber scenes and obviously the logo outline is right there in the hallway shots. I don't think excessive time and effort was put into this particular item as many other items only ever meant to be seen on screen for seconds where so much detail is lost anyway.

I've just reviewed the best hallways hot of the Pulce in the gallery again and feel a badly painted item create the 'weathering' seen in that shot.

img_1425-973x660-jpg.jpg

img_1428-jpg.jpg

Another note... if you go back and look at my thread that intwenothor mentioned... that was my first attempt at converting a Nemrod holster. I believe that holster ultimately went to Fettpride who cast it up, but also damaged it in the process, and I ended up getting another holster that I did a MUCH better job on. Let me see if I can't take some photos of the new holster this week.
Thanks Art any pictures would be a great help
Here's mine. As Art noted a dremmel can get away from you. I stayed well to the outside of the sheath lines but even then I was surprised how close it was on the inner edge once the thing came off. I then filed and sanded fairly aggressively. I would agree that the finish on the screen used is pretty rubbish with the sanding marks clearly visible in the carbon chamber scenes and obviously the logo outline is right there in the hallway shots. I don't think excessive time and effort was put into this particular item as many other items only ever meant to be seen on screen for seconds where so much detail is lost anyway.

I've just reviewed the best hallways hot of the Pulce in the gallery again and feel a badly painted item create the 'weathering' seen in that shot.

img_1425-973x660-jpg.jpg

img_1428-jpg.jpg
Cheers for all your help my friend , it's invaluable

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back