Neck Seal Information

:lol:

Not to get this thread too off topic, but did you just get away with saying "dickie shifting in public?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I guess this may be a good time to comment on something else I noticed in that pic. Granted, I am very new at this, but did I notice a chinstrap inside the helmet? I don't remember reading any posts on this.

I got away with saying that you *shouldn't* make comments about dickie shifting in public.

The chinstrap's been discussed a little. I am not sure if it's attached to the hood or attached to the helmet, or if it starts on the helmet and attaches to the hood. The hood does seal around the inside of the helmet with velcro and some sort of strap. You can see it in the big picture book thingy that I can't think of the name of right now.

Does anyone have one of these? I haven't seen any threads with regard to this subject. I've read positive reviews for pretty much everything RA has except this. Is this something most of you are creating? Is it worth $50?
-MM

I have one..The hood itself is cool cause it looks a lot like the real hood used underneath the helmet, but the neck part is'nt too great i think. It's too short + it hasnt got that "ribbed" look like Fett's neck piece has. The lines are just sewn in. I'm gonna modify mine, maybe fill it uf with some wool and make it a bit longer.
I could maybe post some pics of it tomorrow if you want.

-Mikeal

Thanks Micke
That's exactly the info I wanted to know. The ribbed neck part would be the most important part of the hood, as it is the only part visible with your helmet on, right? And it's short and not very accurate? Sounds kinda crappy for $50. Pics would be cool, but don't trouble yourself. I think you've already helped me make my decision.
-MM

I just finished making one for a femalian Fett last Monday, and had to reduce it to four in order for it to fit her shorter neck.

I have no idea what value this is. I just wanted to say something.

Bobafettish. Any idea on the dimensions of the segments or the height of the seal?

Just to confirm, 6 segments = 5 lines of stitching, yes?

MMM. :lol: Everything you say has value, mate!

Cheers.

Si

Looking at some of the MoM pictures, is the neck material different than the vest? It looks a bit different in color.

So far, I understand the glove pads and armor vest to be the same material. The boot spats and jumpsuit are the same, although the spats are lighter in color. Is the neck the same as the jumpsuit, only lighter as well?

I'm gearing up to make my new TDH vest, but want to verify the neckseal color before I sew it to the jumpsuit...

Neckseal material is the vest material, again possibly the reverse side. And it is a lighter color than the vest.

NECKSEAL
neckmat.JPG

VEST
Vest%20Comparison%203.JPG

They're the same.

HH, I use 3/4" widths for stitching both the shoulder lines, glove back lines and neck seal. It made sense that if Fett's attire was made with any kind of uniformity, that the seams might all be the same.

While we're on the subject of neckseals, I've never been able to determine whether the seal was folded-pleated, or just stitched with batting underneath.

neckseal2.jpg

Which cross-section is correct? 1 or 2?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back