My sad attempt at an ESB helmet *Updated 04/28/04*

Baddblood

Active Hunter
Yep yep yep, I still have A LOT of work to do but it's coming together now, I'm still not happy with the back of the helmet ugh!

msh2update1.jpg

msh2update2.jpg

msh2update3.jpg

msh2update4.jpg

And for more comic relief look who's in Maxim magazine!
swk.jpg

---------------------
Update: 04/08/04

Well my pathetic attempt at doing this myself is moving along, I got the main colors on my helmet and did some of the back.

Let me know what you think :)
colors.jpg

back.jpg

----------------------------
Well after a lot of flip flopping on wheter i could ever d a decent job on an ESB helmet I finally got around to doing the small pieces today...

What say yee? A good start? Or start over?

finally.jpg

Baddblood wrote:

What say yee? A good start? Or start over?

:lol:

You kiddin? Looks like your on your way to being the next big kid on the block ;)

Good Job man !

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thats looking mighty fine so far man!!! Keep postin pics & updates so we can see that baby come to life:)
Damian

Attempt?:confused Looks like your succeeding:D:cheers
Awesome work, and yeah, keep the pics coming.

Ely

AWESOME MAN!! I'm working on mine too bud.Just did a repaint of my back armor and my chest might be next :lol: What color did you use on the scratches on the back of your helmet.The tan colors are what I'm referring to........since your going to be the next big boy on the block ;)

Steve

Very nice man, keep doin what you're doin! ;)
I find that the small silver scratches and the "blotty" chips are the toughest to paint, but you did it very well man...I'm impressed!

One thing that immediately caught my eye is the color of the back. I don't know whether it's the flash, but the lower back color should be more blue in my opinion. It just seems too green.

Take a look at STEVE THE SWEDE's awesome paintjob:
Picture

Oh yeah, I got a few questions: :D
- Did you paint topically.
- Did you use silver underneath for the hair scratches (ala: Rogue Studios)
- Did you mask the lower back at all?

Cheers,
Bobo

Thanks folks. :)
I totally agree with you about the back of the helmet, but I went with that RS's list says... Maybe I got a bad batch or something?

I'm doing a combination of topical and masking. :D

Baddblood wrote:

Thanks folks. :)
I totally agree with you about the back of the helmet, but I went with that RS's list says... Maybe I got a bad batch or something?

I'm doing a combination of topical and masking. :D

Did you mix in some blue? Maybe you put in too little?! :facepalm
It doesn't really matter all that much, it still looks killer so far.

Bobo

Maybe, reguardless, I might do a blue wash or something to darken the color up a little.

Looks good. I'm always happy to see fellow Fetts going the ESB route. :D

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

Well, did the blue wash...
Before:
back.jpg

After:
back2.jpg

:lol:

Trust me, the difference is much more dramatic in person...
Still, I feel like starting over now.

DL44 Blaster wrote:

What color did you use on the scratches on the back of your helmet.

Although I'm almost certain they're different in real life I used the Panzer Dark Yellow for the scratches mixed in with a very small nearly not even worth mentioning ammount of the PRR green.

FOOOOOOOOOLKS!

I'm having a hell of a hard time figuring out how to get the kill stripes on the helmet, TK409's template is printing out really small for me and when I enlarged it the curvature of the helmet prevents the paper from sticking flat. How did you ESB big bioys do that thing without losing your mind?

I had to do alot af messin around with it to make it the correct size. Yeah, I just about lost my mind :lol: after you get it to print out the right size, cut the template into one long narrow strip with the pattern on it. then cut this into thirds-meaning you will end up with three smaller templates, the 1st 2 with 5 kill stripes on it, and the last with 4. put the 1st one on your bucket, then try to line up the second, and then the third. They wont line up perfectly as a nice curv, but if you notice on the real bucket, they dont exactly line up perfectly either. If you are using firisket, you can also use a hair dryer to heat the frisket some, which will allow it to bend a bit & curve. BTW: I used clear shelf paper from walmart for my frisket/masking. tape your template to your workbench/table, then tape a peice of the clear shelf paper over that. You should be able to clearly see the template through the shelf paper. trace the outline of the template, and then, using a exacto knife, cut out the template. When you have your template all cut out, remove the backing from the shelf paper, & you are ready to stick it on your bucket. The shelf paper is pretty low tack, but be carefull when you remove it or you'll rip your green off with it!!! You may want to "kill" the tack on the shelf paper by running the sticky side across your pants a couple of times before you stick it on your bucket, and I would recomend that you you spray the area with testors semi-gloss before applying your template/mask as Lee suggests. Hope that helps you a bit. It might not be the best way to do it, but thats how I did it, & it worked for me:)
Damian

loooookin good BadBlood! man, all you ESBers got me thinkin about the green jet pack! could become

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back