MY ROTJ BLASTER/ MR???

'Scuse me gentlemen. Hey Spidey, how much does the blaster weigh so far? You gotta ballpark estimate.

Also, does anybody know how much the MR blaster weighs?

That rusty/weathering effect you got goin' on is amazing! How'd you do that???? Just carefully placed dry brushing? What color and brand of paint?

That thing looks really old and beat up in a GOOD way...

Great looking blaster you got there spidey. But I have to ask didn't you make ROTJ blasters way back in the day? Why would you not just use one of your own instead of buying one you had to put so much work into?

that was a different Spidey...I think is was Spidey2222

Great looking blaster you got there spidey. But I have to ask didn't you make ROTJ blasters way back in the day? Why would you not just use one of your own instead of buying one you had to put so much work into?

That rusty/weathering effect you got goin' on is amazing! How'd you do that???? Just carefully placed dry brushing? What color and brand of paint?

That thing looks really old and beat up in a GOOD way...

Combination "Dry Brush and wet on wet and Air Brush"....
Rust was just a cheap arcylic paint...then coated with a Flat Testors Dull coat...;)

Hope that Helps..(y)

Here's A Better MR Pic...:)

(y)

fettle1.jpg

Combination "Dry Brush and wet on wet and Air Brush"....
Rust was just a cheap arcylic paint...then coated with a Flat Testors Dull coat...;)

Hope that Helps..(y)

Kind of. I get the dry brushing, but can you explain the "wet on Wet" a little?

Thanks!

Kibosh

Kind of. I get the dry brushing, but can you explain the "wet on Wet" a little?

Thanks!

Kibosh
Sure no big deal...

Wet on wet simply means that you wet the surface of where you plan to apply the paint....in this case the weathering or rust or washes I used.....
I use a spray bottle to apply the water, very sparingly, and then apply the pigment of paint where I applied the water......the paint or pigment will AUTOMATICLY flow in the areas that are wet.......you can take any excess off with a paper towel.........anyone that has used water colors should know this technique...
I think a combination of both DRY brush and wet on wet will give you the "look" that you're going for...

Hope that helps....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back