My new armor

here's a pic of my newly painted armor.
th.e49f2eac54.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jodo

Well-Known Hunter
I sat here for a minuit and thought, "Well I can't tell anything from that tiny picture", and then I relised you could click it. :lol: I like the blue and silver combo on the helmet, it looks realy good, well all of it does for that matter. (y) I've actualy got that same Tac. belt somewhere I beleive, or one alot like it anyway.

Gonzo Fett

Active Hunter
Does my vision serve me Correctly is that a shoulder bell for your cod

Yeah I was going to say......
maybe some weathering or just reshaping it a bit. Looks to much like a shoulder bell still. Good job on the painting and over all custom look (y)

NovallTalon

Well-Known Hunter
The shoulder bell for a cod is the only off looking part of your costume. Grab some Sintra or a trash can and make yourself a new cod. Other then that your ok with everything else.

V

Vaders_Pet

I will be getting a cod piece, and hopefully some leg armor, I'm getting a "samurai 3000" line kantana. I've always wanted a sword on my mando.

Nice idea on the Katana, i was also going down the "bladed Mando" road too. I thought abot it alot and that type of style blade (no handguard, straight narrow blade) is really the only thing i can see most mando's having IF they ever carried blades like that. Are you going to modify the blade/hilt at all, or leave it as is? The 3000 range is a very nice set.:)

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Remember that a Katana is a real weapon, so keep that in mind when you go trooping out in public. Sometimes it may be best to leave it at home for safety reasons.

NovallTalon

Well-Known Hunter
To back up what GCNgamer128 said, alot of conventions won't let you bring in real weapons to. Found that out the hard way be seeing a guy with a Kendo stick get tackled. Use the sword for your pics and make a non-functional replica for trooping.

V

Vaders_Pet

Point well taken guys, i have seen similar unfortunate events occur. Mando for christ, i was going to make my real blade as the guys above said, for photos and around friends/costuming group. The replica would be a very good idea so you dont get executed, heh. Are you planning to have a scabbard at all? or any ideas on how you want it to sit?