My ESB Fett -- BH-20065 -- 501st APPROVED!!!!!

Covafett

Active Hunter
Hello all. After 13 months, my Fett is complete.... Almost. I'm looking for constructive criticism as I'm going for 501st approval. Unfortunately due to the weather, I only have some indoor pics. As such, the coloring looks off. My flightsuit is from Arkady and is the correct light blue. My weathering also appears lighter than it does in real life. My jetpack also leans a bit which will be addressed. Anything else? I've also posted this in the Bounty Hunters Guild and with my Garrison.
I'd also like to thank the following members (in no particular order) without whom fulfilling my life long dream would not have been possible:

My mom -sewing expertise

22ssplt -painted armor, gauntlets, shin tools
Arkady -vest, pockets, jumpsuit w/necksill
Wasted Fett -helmet kit
Superjedi -helmet build and paint up.
Darth Voorhees - full jetpack, helmet fans
Woodman -armor, girthbelt, wookie braids
Dakota -studs, gaunt darts, knee darts, beacon, toe spikes and stablizer
Delta13Mike -ammo belt
Sidewinder -full EE-3
Art Andrews -cape
Major -gloves
Big Dane -jetpack harness
Fettronics -chest lights
Full Metal Fett -diver buckle, JP hooks and clips
JC27 -beacon light kit
MOW -boots, gaunlets, shin tools
Stormrider -sidearm and holster
Combatbaby -flame thrower
Mainst69 -EE-3 sling

Thank you all,
Matt

1225161934a-1.jpg1225161934f-1.jpg1225161935b-1.jpg1225161936f-1.jpg1225161937f-1.jpg1225161941a-1.jpg

1225161934a-1.jpg

1225161934f-1.jpg

1225161935b-1.jpg

1225161936f-1.jpg

1225161937f-1.jpg

1225161941a-1.jpg

Last edited:
The flight suit seems rather baggy and ill-fitted...and more white than the highly weathered light blue you see on the original (although the indoor lighting might play a part in that.) I'd recommend getting the flightsuit refitted and weathered a bit more perhaps.(albeit no ESB expert) the rest of the costume looks pretty great to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The flight suit seems rather baggy and ill-fitted...and more white than the highly weathered light blue you see on the original (although the indoor lighting might play a part in that.) I'd recommend getting the flightsuit refitted and weathered a bit more perhaps.(albeit no ESB expert) the rest of the costume looks pretty great to me.
Thanks for your input!

Here's a pic from earlier on in my build. It's outside although it was a cloudy day and the lighting is still pretty poor. But it helps to show that my suit is actually the light blue color... LOL

1224161220c-1.jpg

1224161220c-1.jpg

Color looks much better outdoors, funny how lighting will do that!

My only suggestion is some topical weathering on the armor, especially around the chest logo! Slightly too clean!

Color looks much better outdoors, funny how lighting will do that!

My only suggestion is some topical weathering on the armor, especially around the chest logo! Slightly too clean!

Right! I'm telling ya, it's that orange wall! Lol. Roger on the armor, thanks for your input!

Right! I'm telling ya, it's that orange wall! Lol. Roger on the armor, thanks for your input!

It's amazing the difference in lighting. Even in my room where I keep my Boba Fett on the mannequin you can see the change in colors on flight suit/armor/helmet during the day.

Crazy how the first pictures the flight suit didn't look blue at all until the outside pics!

It's amazing the difference in lighting. Even in my room where I keep my Boba Fett on the mannequin you can see the change in colors on flight suit/armor/helmet during the day.

It is! The outside pic was taken one day before the others! The ones inside were also at nighttime so there was no natural light.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy how the first pictures the flight suit didn't look blue at all until the outside pics!

I know! Natural light makes all the difference!!

It is! The outside pic was taken one day before the others! The ones inside were also at nighttime so there was no natural light.

- - - Updated - - -

I know! Natural light makes all the difference!!

Yep!

Is Arkady going to fix the neckseal for ya?

Dude..... nice getup looks bad *****!!!! Nice job kind sir

Sent from my iPhone

OK, so I took some outdoor pics. My advisor for the 501st already made some critiques which I've addressed. The switch on the right gauntlet which is red in the pics is now black. The rocket head on the left gauntlet is now bright copper instead of weathered, the flame thrower back plate is now half white on the bottom, the red and black portions of the flame nozzel are switched, and the black square area in the left gaultlet area is now painted black instead of green. I've also addressed the girthbelt spacing on the back. Anything else?
5.jpeg4.jpeg3.jpeg6.jpeg

5.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

6.jpeg

The suit looks good! One thing I might suggest is the helmet appears to sit rather high, removing some padding might fix that. I'm not really an ESB expert but I would try to change that at least.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back