MOW Gauntlets inquiry

mattman1138

Hunter
The pictures on his ebay account show that there are no switches pre installed, which I'm assuming means they have to be drilled out of you want functional ones. Can anyone confirm this that has bought from him? Also, if they do need to be drilled out, how hard is it to do? Not sure how thick the underside of those gauntlets is. Thanks!

We worked with MOW gauntlets. Check our thread..Builders ESB Build...
Our gauntlets were moderately thick and easy to drill and shape. You need material that is thick enough to support
the electronics, hinges, darts, and external features. Our MOW ones were excellent to work with. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
I'm presently looking at his RoTJ Gauntlets, he had em' on sale for $185, and now jumped to $200 (Still listed as on sale) - (Look like prices fluxuate a bit), shoulda jumped on em' then. Oh well, but it seems they are of excellent quality. Looks like you get what you pay for! (y)

With that said, how do Boba Makers gauntlets hold up when compared to MoW? Boba Maker's are considerable more pricey.
(**UPDATE** Just looked again at his site - his it seems comes with the switches and aluminum tube connectors - It also looks like his comes with Velcro straps making it easy to take them on/off)
Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
I'm presently looking at his RoTJ Gauntlets, he had em' on sale for $185, and now jumped to $200 (Still listed as on sale) - (Look like prices fluxuate a bit), shoulda jumped on em' then. Oh well, but it seems they are of excellent quality. Looks like you get what you pay for! (y)

With that said, how do Boba Makers gauntlets hold up when compared to MoW? Boba Maker's are considerable more pricey.
(**UPDATE** Just looked again at his site - his it seems comes with the switches and aluminum tube connectors - It also looks like his comes with Velcro straps making it easy to take them on/off)
Thanks,
-Iron

I have seen other comments stating that bobamakers are bigger compared to other makers like MoW. Hope that helps some.

That's interesting!
It also looks like Bobamaker's have a bit more detail on them. (Have a look below) Both look absolutely fantastic though. Due to price concerns I may end up going the MoW route. I will be however getting the BobaMaker Armor to include Chest, Back, Shoulder, Collar, Cod and Kidney and Knees. I plan to do all the painting and detailing myself, except the chest. I got a reasonable quote from BobaMaker on that.

BM vs MoW.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

That's interesting!
It also looks like Bobamaker's have a bit more detail on them. (Have a look below) Both look absolutely fantastic though. Due to price concerns I may end up going the MoW route. I will be however getting the BobaMaker Armor to include Chest, Back, Shoulder, Collar, Cod and Kidney and Knees. I plan to do all the painting and detailing myself, except the chest. I got a reasonable quote from BobaMaker on that.

View attachment 182427

Thanks,
-Iron

Nice! What did he quote you if you don't mind me asking?

Nice! What did he quote you if you don't mind me asking?

He quoted me:
ProductPrice
Chest Armor$100.00
Painting (Chest Armor)$120.00
Shipping and Handling$35.00
Grand Total
$255.00
I know peoples time is valuable, so for $120.00 for time/materials is a bargain in my opinion. If you figure you're paying him $20.00/hr (Which again, I think is MORE than fair) then by that rationale it will take him roughly 6 hours to complete. Also the pics of his work looks awesome, you can tell he takes pride in his work!
(y)

Thanks,
-Iron

He quoted me:
ProductPrice
Chest Armor$100.00
Painting (Chest Armor)$120.00
Shipping and Handling$35.00
Grand Total
$255.00
I know peoples time is valuable, so for $120.00 for time/materials is a bargain in my opinion. If you figure you're paying him $20.00/hr (Which again, I think is MORE than fair) then by that rationale it will take him roughly 6 hours to complete. Also the pics of his work looks awesome, you can tell he takes pride in his work!

(y)

Thanks,
-Iron

Not a bad way to think about it. His work does look really nice.

We worked with MOW gauntlets. Check our thread..Builders ESB Build...a few pages back. Like 6or7 pages.
Our gauntlets were moderately thick and easy to drill and shape. You need material that is thick enough to support
the electronics, hinges, darts, and external features. Our MOW ones were excellent to work with. Hope this helps.

I finally just checked out your thread. All I can say is oh my good lord! Amazing. Simply amazing. Your work is going to help me immensely. Wow.

We worked with MOW gauntlets. Check our thread..Builders ESB Build...a few pages back. Like 6or7 pages.
I just checked it out too. And as mattman1138 said, these are absolutely Amazing Builder ! Well done! I love all your electronics work and may have questions for you later. I still have much research to go on mine. Right now the only thing I've purchased is the boots from Imperial Boots, Wookie Braids and am working with Arkady in getting the flight suit put together. Again much more to go. But amazing work sir!

Thanks,
-Iron

I just checked it out too. And as mattman1138 said, these are absolutely Amazing Builder ! Well done! I love all your electronics work and may have questions for you later. I still have much research to go on mine. Right now the only thing I've purchased is the boots from Imperial Boots, Wookie Braids and am working with Arkady in getting the flight suit put together. Again much more to go. But amazing work sir!

Thanks,
-Iron

We're pretty much at the exact same place. I've purchased a bit more but still haven't received anything yet. Got the flight suite from Arkady going. Just purchased gloves, boots, holster, and jetpack as well. Working on getting the remaining pieces now. Best of luck to you!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back