Minutefett's New ESB

I also think it’s very important to state that MinuteFett wasn’t just banned for recasting. There were multiple threads with proof of people being ripped off, items delivered that were used/broken, and multiple lies regarding origins of helmets. The same people who rant and rave about his products defended him when everything came to light. He also was given the same status as Wasted, unable to sell but still be a member with conditions but he couldn’t help himself. So is Wasted guilty of recasting? According to Art and those discussions in private, yes. Is Wasted guilty of lying multiple times, ripping people off, delivering broken/used products, and lying multiple times to admin? No.

This is largely an accurate representation of the two situations.

Again, while the final decision on Nino's actions was made privately (as all admin decisions are), the suggestion that there were some private conversations that the masses weren't privy to is incorrect.

I would also point out that while recasters are often banned there is a misconception that recasting = instaban. Our Community guidelines on this point have been the same for more than a decade:

"Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by our communities."

While you remain very likely to be banned for recasting, it is at our discretion. Delving slightly deeper into that, I would remind everyone that the actions we take administratively may feel or appear punitive, but are instead done with a single thought in mind: protecting the members of the community. If we don't feel we are protecting the community, we don't take action. We don't take action to "make recasters pay." We are here to protect the community from those who might prey upon them.

In terms who's allowed to sell G2 casts on The Dented Helmet from what I understand it's Machine Craft and RS as both of their helmets are G1 and from Wasted Fett no longer being able to sell on the boards (and his fugly removed from sale before that) but not banned and MinuteFett being outright banned the rules from what I've understood regarding to ESB Heroes is that only those in possession of a G1 or were given a G1 mold to produce G2s are allowed to sell on the boards.

This is an accurate assessment of who is free to sell the ESB-derived castings here. If someone else came up with a G1 and decided to cast it, they would be able to sell as well. The same would be true if someone with a G1 decided to sell their "rights." As you can imagine, it is super-grey and completely sticky, but these issues always are. The decisions may appear subjective, but we have done our best to maintain an internal consistency to these types of decisions over the years.

This isn't a dig at this board, or of these kinds of boards in general, but the gravity of a sanction by a board of this type seems now to be significantly less than once it was. There is now such a wide spectrum of places for people to sell their wares that the mind boggles, and that the brand of the recaster no longer reaches the significance that once it did.

Truer words may have never been spoken. At one time, cutting someone off from selling here meant they had no platform at all. However, social media and various other platforms have placed a great deal of the burden back on the buyer in terms of what they want to support and what actions they feel are acceptable. Forums are a dinosaur, but as long as we exist, we will continue to protect the members of our communities to the best of our ability.

I bit the bullet and purchased a deluxe ESB from Minutefett tonight. This is my first interaction with the man so I can't speak for others, but he was very kind and cordial, and even said he was throwing in a few "extra goodies", so that's exciting. I received a tracking number for the package from him about an hour after I paid him so service-wise I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure I'll have it in hand within a week or two, and I'll be sure to post pictures and give my thoughts. I've still got the raw cast from RS on the way as well, which I ordered back in March. I've got no clue when they're gonna ship that one out, but they've been talking about shipping the fetts for the past month now, so it hopefully can't be much longer. Once I have that I'll post a new thread detailing all of the differences between the two and comparing the new helmet to ESB screencaps and set-photos. Maybe in that thread if anyone has any of these other ESB restorations like the BobaMaker or apparent MachineCraft they can join in and make it a thread to determine the definitive ESB cast. I'll keep you guys updated. Thank you SO much btw for making this thread so lively!

Truly interesting discussion on MF’s lineage ESB cast, which to the generation of the cast I'm not aware of. I do happen to follow him on IG, he posted this photo last week, in comparison to Eric’s gen 2 RS helmet , side by side with MF’s restored ESB hero. To me you can see a clear difference in size on the right ear platform.

Attachments

• 7900F9FA-7A87-49DB-921D-0B454B2B0A20.jpeg
    7900F9FA-7A87-49DB-921D-0B454B2B0A20.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 211
Truly interesting discussion on MF’s lineage ESB cast, which to the generation of the cast I'm not aware of. I do happen to follow him on IG, he posted this photo last week, in comparison to Eric’s gen 2 RS helmet , side by side with MF’s restored ESB hero. To me you can see a clear difference in size on the right ear platform.
See, but that makes it look like the helmet is too BIG for the ears. If shrinkage was an issue then surely it would be the other way around. I'll take some proper measurements though when I receive it to let you guys know if the size difference really is an issue.

See, but that makes it look like the helmet is too BIG for the ears. If shrinkage was an issue then surely it would be the other way around. I'll take some proper measurements though when I receive it to let you guys know if the size difference really is an issue.
Incorrect, as the later the generation of the helmet, the more these discrepancies show up. The is a clear sign that the helmet is a later gen Imoa. I’m not here to shed a shadow over MF cast, more to shed light on this clear difference. A gen 2 would always be the best canvas to start on, this being closer to the original size to the original cast, note to mention the detail captured on a earlier gen would be superior also.

Incorrect, as the later the generation of the helmet, the more these discrepancies show up. The is a clear sign that the helmet is a later gen Imoa. I’m not here to shed a shadow over MF cast, more to shed light on this clear difference. A gen 2 would always be the best canvas to start on, this being closer to the original size to the original cast, note to mention the detail captured on a earlier gen would be superior also.
I get that much, but I don't understand how the ear platform appearing too big for the ear in the photo illustrates shrinkage. If the helmet were too small then wouldn't the issue be that the ear comes over the platform? It being too far down to be flush just looks like he attached it too low.

Again, I'll post comparison photos and take measurements when I receive it to show what discrepancies there are. It's pretty much agreed that the RS helmet has about the same measurements as the original prop? A comparison between the MF and RS I terms of size would be fair when relating it to the original helmet?

I get that much, but I don't understand how the ear platform appearing too big for the ear in the photo illustrates shrinkage. If the helmet were too small then wouldn't the issue be that the ear comes over the platform? It being too far down to be flush just looks like he attached it too low.
MC can’t clearly state the generation of the cast, which I sure know he will not do. The fact he hasn’t shared these details, shows to me there’s something amiss. Each to there own, I don’t have anything against the guy, I’ve spoken to him on a few occasions. We all know his history on this site, which needs no repeating.

Last edited:
Could this also be an issue of the ear piece placement, or a combination of more than one factor?

Looking at your photo comp, it seems clear that the earpiece in the top picture sits flush with the top of the ear platform, but that is not the case with the bottom photo, however; the ear piece in the bottom photo appears to sit slightly further down in relation to the corner where the upper cheek section meets the red trim area, i.e. the whole earpiece sits lower down.

MF can clearly state the generation of the cast, which I sure know he will not do. The fact he hasn’t shared these details, shows to me there’s something amiss. Each to there own, I don’t have anything against the guy, I’ve spoken to him on a few occasions. We all know his history on this site, which needs no repeating.

That I would actually disagree with. No vendor has really openly discussed what generation their helmet is besides MCR/RS. Measurements can be tricky as it really depends how the master is made and what material the helmet is being casted in. I would assume this new helmet would be a further generation of what's available now (G5/G6) or using a RS/MCR as a base (G3). My guess is the FPHIII is a cleaned up G5 mold and this new helmet (G3) is a cleaned up G2.

In fairness too it seems the G2 is being used across a number of vendors not just MF.

That I would actually disagree with. No vendor has really openly discussed what generation their helmet is besides MCR/RS. Measurements can be tricky as it really depends how the master is made and what material the helmet is being casted in. I would assume this new helmet would be a further generation of what's available now (G5/G6) or using a RS/MCR as a base (G3). My guess is the FPHIII is a cleaned up G5 mold and this new helmet (G3) is a cleaned up G2.

In fairness too it seems the G2 is being used across a number of vendors not just MF.
I did state only RS & MC have stated the generation of their lineage casts, I only mentioned MF hasn’t, which isn’t far to assume why.

I’m with Budafett on the factor of the helmet being a G3 cast, from what source that we do not know, nor will likely never know. All this news of recasting’s have twisted my brain.

I’m with Budafett on the factor of the helmet being a G3 cast, from what source that we do not know, nor will likely never know. All this news of recasting’s have twisted my brain.

It would be interesting to see the differences between the FPHIII, Boba Maker VX, this new ESB hero along with a genuine G2. Recasting here and recasting on social media are obviously two different things like Art stated, no one has pitch forks out for Boba Maker mainly because he doesn't screw people over and doesn't sell on the boards much. Personally social media in my opinion is a cancer and while TDH isn't as organized as I'd like it to be it's the definite source for Fett.

It would be interesting to see the differences between the FPHIII, Boba Maker VX, this new ESB hero along with a genuine G2. Recasting here and recasting on social media are obviously two different things like Art stated, no one has pitch forks out for Boba Maker mainly because he doesn't screw people over and doesn't sell on the boards much. Personally social media in my opinion is a cancer and while TDH isn't as organized as I'd like it to be it's the definite source for Fett.
When I receive them I'll do a comparison thread between the MF and G2. If anyone has the BobaMaker, FPHIII, or any other repaired ESBs on the market, I'd love to add them to the mix. Maybe we can sus out the definitive ESB for future members looking for what to buy and inform makers what to improve on!

Personally, having seen his ESB build, I would put my trust in what Ord Mantell will say regarding any of these helmets. Im not nearly knwledgeable enough to come to my own conclusions.

Personally, having seen his ESB build, I would put my trust in what Ord Mantell will say regarding any of these helmets. Im not nearly knwledgeable enough to come to my own conclusions.
That's my whole mantra here HA. If Ord Mantel says this is a better restoration than he could do, then it sure as HELL is better than what I could do.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back