Minutefett's New ESB

Do you think I, being someone new to this, would be able to match/supercede what Minutefett has done?
I don't know what your skill level is, so ultimately you have to decide for yourself. I don't think a lot of ppl have the skill to supercede what MF has accomplished, certainly not me, but also as intwenethor said, doing it yourself has its own rewards.

Did Fett Pride only leave on the visible paint outlines in the sculpt that are ESB specific or is a majority of the helmet smooth?

Did Fett Pride

? Chris Jones is a criminal who should be in jail. Why the reference?
only leave on the visible paint outlines in the sculpt that are ESB specific or is a majority of the helmet smooth?
Due to the nature of the fixes, some paint detail was necessarily lost, but it's not entirely smooth. Paint detail does remain in many areas where no fixes were necessary. For example, the cat scratch is easily visible.

Chris Jones no longer owns Fett Pride. I was under the impression that all MF products fall under that name now.

Wouldn't having all the paint detail removed be a better base for a pure ESB? I would imagine removing all the paint impressions from an RS/MCR or any MF/Fett Pride/WF hero would be required for an ESB? Removing SE specific details only wouldn't leave many sections left that are pure ESB?

Chris Jones no longer owns Fett Pride. I was under the impression that all MF products fall under that name now.
Ah. That may be the case. I don't know the details. For clarity it's probably better to keep with the name Minutefett as established by the title of this thread.

Wouldn't having all the paint detail removed be a better base for a pure ESB? I would imagine removing all the paint impressions from an RS/MCR or any MF/Fett Pride/WF hero would be required for an ESB? Removing SE specific details only wouldn't leave many sections left that are pure ESB?
That's a good point. It's a personal choice I guess. Myself, I like having the paint detail to guide the masking process. I did ask Minutefett to remove the SE scratches and paint differences I was aware of and they were removed. If one preferred a clean helmet it wouldn't be much of an effort to sand out what remains on this sculpt or wait for other helmets to come out that have the smooth surface, or let the available vendors know there is interest so they can provide them.

That's about 3mm, right?
That would make that measurement within the scope of a G3 cast, according some numbers Steven posted on his board. Would that be your view of the overall size and shape?
Yes. I think your assessment is likely correct. It's not quite the size of a G2 but still plenty good enough for a proper ESB build. It's bigger than my MDF, and I'm plenty happy with that helmet. I doubt very many people could ever tell the difference in size when not being directly compared, like when you're wearing it in costume.

That sounds promising. The G3s seem to be quite acceptable in most aspects with little loss.

I am also very happy with my MDF. I still can't believe that project happened, and that now Malone Fetts have been superceded such as they have been. It's a very fortunate time to be a Fett fan.

That sounds promising. The G3s seem to be quite acceptable in most aspects with little loss.

I am also very happy with my MDF. I still can't believe that project happened, and that now Malone Fetts have been superceded such as they have been. It's a very fortunate time to be a Fett fan.
The MDF hasn't really been superceded as far as PP2 helmet lineage, though, has it? Well, I suppose the MF (MaloneFett).

Last edited:
That's about 3mm, right?
That would make that measurement within the scope of a G3 cast, according some numbers Steven posted on his board. Would that be your view of the overall size and shape?

If the current WF/MF helmets were considered G4/G5 would that mean this helmet is from a RS or MCR if it's in the scope of a G3 in terms of measurements?

If the current WF/MF helmets were considered G4/G5 would that mean this helmet is from a RS or MCR if it's in the scope of a G3 in terms of measurements?
not necessarily. I have a Minutefett raw from last year I received prior to the MCR/RS releases and it also measures 9 3/4" along the same dimension.

not necessarily. I have a Minutefett raw from last year I received prior to the MCR/RS releases and it also measures 9 3/4" along the same dimension.
Is this the circumference, like wrapping a tape around the helmet, or the diameter, like just putting a ruler between the ears?

I asked MinuteFett directly about what he used for the base and he wouldn't tell me. I don't quite see why you wouldn't want to brag about it being a Gen 3, but if this is measuring as such, what else could it come from? Maybe he's just apprehensive to talk about sources because of the past controversy?

Or could he maybe be using a non-shrink material and working off of a G3? Being a a G4 but retaining the size/details of a G3? Is that a possibility or does there always have to be generational shrinkage regardless of materials?

The MDF hasn't really been superceded as far as PP2 helmet lineage, though, has it? Well, I suppose the MF (MaloneFett).
There are the CT casts, which have to be directly altered to make them workable. To be clear, that is a lot of work.

There are also the grey KT casts with the additional dome distortion. The available material points to these being from a very old mould form the original Malone Fett process. It's possible the additional dome distortion is due to the age of a dying mould. Either way, the CT casts would be the preferred base for a PP2 helmet, unless you could get a new mould made of the thing.

That's possible although I don't see any material to support that beyond those being the G2 casts that are widely known to be out there. These ESB casts have been floating around for years now, and long before Luis first started offering them and everybody else decided to follow suit. Frankly, the issue of these ESB casts is such a mess that trying to work out what came from where is going to be extremely difficult. I am at the point where I would rather know the qualities of what is being offered rather than who is recasting whom.

I was looking at pictures of the new Bobamaker helmets, which appear significantly different to his previous offerings, and have more than a whiff of ESB about them; where did those come from?

I've only seen one Minute ESB helmet, which was the first one sent to John at Elstree. It was not good. It was either far lower than G3, or his casting ability was poor. It had issues with size and distortion, which is why another was later sent.

I asked MinuteFett directly about what he used for the base and he wouldn't tell me. I don't quite see why you wouldn't want to brag about it being a Gen 3, but if this is measuring as such, what else could it come from? Maybe he's just apprehensive to talk about sources because of the past controversy?
It's funny, it was not always like this. While some aspects were not fully disclosed, Fett people used to be far more open about what they were doing; they used to actually show their working! While there was a slow creep toward secrecy, what really tipped the scale was the FPH2 and the lack of disclosure over that. At that point, we moved from non disclosure being frowned on to it being accepted.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back