Minutefett's New ESB

BobaMaker’s new helmets, if I’m a betting man, 100% have their origins from the ESB hero.

Since everyone is recasting this helmet and only two are allowed to be sold here I agree it’s irrelevant but the size and quality do matter. It’s just an observation as I own a G2 and Fugly.

In terms of creating these helmets they’re almost an exact science in terms of getting the gelcoat and fiberglass right. It’s a pain and even from what I’ve heard RS props has had issues with their fiberglassing.

BobaMaker’s new helmets, if I’m a betting man, 100% have their origins from the ESB hero.

Since everyone is recasting this helmet and only two are allowed to be sold here I agree it’s irrelevant but the size and quality do matter. It’s just an observation as I own a G2 and Fugly.

In terms of creating these helmets they’re almost an exact science in terms of getting the gelcoat and fiberglass right. It’s a pain and even from what I’ve heard RS props has had issues with their fiberglassing.
Well, that was my thought. He seems only to have changed fairly recently. I only became aware when someone put a thread up here. His earlier helmets all clearly had PP2 lineage, including his very earliest versions, per an article by Singleseat that was on the original MPPC forum [the old old version before they lost the database, when it was 'Company' versus 'Community'].

Again, given how long these have been in circulation, the basis for that could be from a variety of sources. I know of ESB casts being in hands as early as 2017, and it may have been earlier than that.

I've lost track of who is selling these now, but I had thought it was now only Machine who could sell ESB casts on this board; who am I missing?

This isn't a dig at this board, or of these kinds of boards in general, but the gravity of a sanction by a board of this type seems now to be significantly less than once it was. There is now such a wide spectrum of places for people to sell their wares that the mind boggles, and that the brand of the recaster no longer reaches the significance that once it did.

Well, that was my thought. He seems only to have changed fairly recently. I only became aware when someone put a thread up here. His earlier helmets all clearly had PP2 lineage, including his very earliest versions, per an article by Singleseat that was on the original MPPC forum [the old old version before they lost the database, when it was 'Company' versus 'Community'].

Again, given how long these have been in circulation, the basis for that could be from a variety of sources. I know of ESB casts being in hands as early as 2017, and it may have been earlier than that.

I've lost track of who is selling these now, but I had thought it was now only Machine who could sell ESB casts on this board; who am I missing?

This isn't a dig at this board, or of these kinds of boards in general, but the gravity of a sanction by a board of this type seems now to be significantly less than once it was. There is now such a wide spectrum of places for people to sell their wares that the mind boggles, and that the brand of the recaster no longer reaches the significance that once it did.
I think you wonderfully summed up the entire debate!

Regarding the one you were missing: Its Machine and RS that can advertise their helmets here, as far as I have kept count lol.
Plus WFs Fugly? Or was that and WF as a whole a casulty of the recent metal parts recasting controversy? Its hard to keep track ... Proof enough that this whole recasting thing has kinda killed itself really. Its hurting the TDH anyways. When you throw out everyone, well, whats left. And as far as I know MCR isnt doing any more runs of his, right? So that leaves RS props who can "legally" offer theirs here. But well... They dont since they arent on here at all. So yeah...

With BobaMaker the dead give away of ESB hero being used as the base of the "ESB VX" is the lower mandibles and where the visor meet, much more accurate dent and physical damage and a better bow on the eyebrow.

VX-ESB-Front-1.jpg

In terms who's allowed to sell G2 casts on The Dented Helmet from what I understand it's Machine Craft and RS as both of their helmets are G1 and from Wasted Fett no longer being able to sell on the boards (and his fugly removed from sale before that) but not banned and MinuteFett being outright banned the rules from what I've understood regarding to ESB Heroes is that only those in possession of a G1 or were given a G1 mold to produce G2s are allowed to sell on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, you're both right! RS had not even occurred to me because it's long time since they sold anything other than through their own site. Even going back to their stormtrooper helmets, in 2010 or whenever it was, I think it has been many years since they used any board as a selling platform!

I think you wonderfully summed up the entire debate!

Regarding the one you were missing: Its Machine and RS that can advertise their helmets here, as far as I have kept count lol.
Plus WFs Fugly? Or was that and WF as a whole a casulty of the recent metal parts recasting controversy? Its hard to keep track ... Proof enough that this whole recasting thing has kinda killed itself really. Its hurting the TDH anyways. When you throw out everyone, well, whats left. And as far as I know MCR isnt doing any more runs of his, right? So that leaves RS props who can "legally" offer theirs here. But well... They dont since they arent on here at all. So yeah...
I wasn't aware that Machine was no longer offering them. I only recall that he specified that he was doing one run only when he original start selling them, and that when the mould died that he would offer no more. Of course, he can always change his mind, however; if that is true then it would seem no one is selling ESB casts on TDH, unless I am missing something:

Minutefett: Completely Banned from TDH for recasting.
Wasteland: Banned from selling anything on TDH for recasting, although not banned outright.
Machinecast: One run only, which has finished.
RS Propmasters: Could sell here were they so inclined, but have their own site so they don't need to.
Bobamaker: Same boat as RS Propmasters.

Now in terms of quality that's all personal preference and from what I've understood MinuteFett's castings have improved overtime. In my personal opinion, and I am obviously biased, the two best options for pure ESB would to secure a G2 or G4/G5 hero and do a full restore or get a Fugly. I only say that because all corrections were made to the Fugly by Fett 4 Real and the surface is clean as if the helmet was being painted originally.
I can only speak to the qualities of the one Minute cast that I saw, which was as stated. That said, the photo's earlier in the thread tend to indicate an improvement.

I think I am with you regarding the clean up issue. Either do it or don't do it. Half doing it makes no sense to me at all. Well, that's my opinion anyway.
That said, I'd still advocate getting the earliest possible cast available and making the alterations myself directly to that.

Wait, is the Boba Maker helmet also repaired to ESB????? How does it compare to Minute Fetts then?

Not confirmed but like I said but I'd bet the house on it. In terms of quality I've never heard a single bad thing about his casts/fiberglass. I'd say they rival mine, just kidding!

Not confirmed but like I said but I'd bet the house on it. In terms of quality I've never heard a single bad thing about his casts/fiberglass. I'd say they rival mine, just kidding!
When will we find out if BM's helmet is repaired to ESB? When someone gets their hands on it? or is it not out yet?

When will we find out if BM's helmet is repaired to ESB? When someone gets their hands on it? or is it not out yet?

Judging by the fact his ROTJ VX is shipping to customers (ROTJ VX BM) I'm assuming his ESB is too.

*Odd that the mandible/visor issue wasn't fixed when he used the ESB hero as the base for his ROTJ.

Definitely said one run only, and when the mould died that was it. This was a while back, and the world has been turning since then.

As stated, he can change his mind.

Just to toss an extra layer on this, Lou/Darth Voorhees/7CS made a post on Facebook a couple weeks ago that off-handedly mentioned potentially casting Machinecraft hero helmets. :unsure:

BudaFett said:

"Now in terms of quality that's all personal preference and from what I've understood MinuteFett's castings have improved overtime. In my personal opinion, and I am obviously biased, the two best options for pure ESB would to secure a G2 or G4/G5 hero and do a full restore or get a Fugly. I only say that because all corrections were made to the Fugly by Fett 4 Real and the surface is clean as if the helmet was being painted originally."

Given your previous vitriol for recasters, is it not now reasonable to assume that your view extends to Wasteland, who is now also adjudged to be a recaster? Surely, promoting his wares, despite his ban, would be contrary to your prior view?

BudaFett said:

Given your previous vitriol for recasters, is it not now reasonable to assume that your view extends to Wasteland, who is now also adjudged to be a recaster? Surely, promoting his wares, despite his ban, would be contrary to your prior view?

I am personal friends with Wasted but like I’ve stated privately in conversations I know very little of how machining and metal works so I respect the decision of Art regardless if the evidence proving recasting was kept private. All previous recasters who have been banned since I have been a member here made it very obvious they were recasting, what was recasted and how it was done and were given more than enough opportunities not to be banned.

I no longer help him take orders on TDH and I haven’t recommended the items that have been deemed recasted on the boards. Nor have I made any defense on the forms or messaged any moderator repeatedly in defense. In this very thread I stated he was banned from selling due to recasting but not from the forums.

So there will be no defense. This is Art’s site and we follow his rules. I respect the decision made but Wasted still being a valid member in the site should stand for itself.

Now back to quality of ESB helmets from what I’ve seen and the examples I’ve handled, WF’s method of gelcoat and fiberglassing is superior to everyone else’s. In fairness I haven’t seen Boba Maker’s new VX yet but i know his quality is top notch.

I am personal friends with Wasted but like I’ve stated privately in conversations I know very little of how machining and metal works so I respect the decision of Art regardless if the evidence proving recasting was kept private. All previous recasters who have been banned since I have been a member here made it very obvious they were recasting, what was recasted and how it was done and were given more than enough opportunities not to be banned.

I no longer help him take orders on TDH and I haven’t recommended the items that have been deemed recasted on the boards. Nor have I made any defense on the forms or messaged any moderator repeatedly in defense. In this very thread I stated he was banned from selling due to recasting but not from the forums.

So there will be no defense. This is Art’s site and we follow his rules. I respect the decision made but Wasted still being a valid member in the site should stand for itself.

Now back to quality of ESB helmets from what I’ve seen and the examples I’ve handled, WF’s method of gelcoat and fiberglassing is superior to everyone else’s. In fairness I haven’t seen Boba Maker’s new VX yet but i know his quality is top notch.
This is such a great answer that it has to be copied for posterity.

So, what you're saying is that your friend, the recaster, has been banned for selling on the board because he took the work of another, and copied it for personal financial gain. You don't really understand how the conclusion was reached but you'll abide by it because you have no choice to do otherwise.

You no longer help him sell on the board, which is presumably because that is exactly what the sanction against him prohibits. That's big of you! Also, kudos for not repeatedly messaging anyone about it - whatever that means.

You make no defence for him being a recaster, however; in a thread about Minute's ESB offering, a person you have availed yourself of multiple opportunities to decry as a competitor of your recasting friend, you recommend a product made by your recasting friend. You even close with a remark about your recasting friend's superior ability to cast fibreglass. Hilarious.

Wasteland still being a member speaks for itself; does it? What really speaks for itself is that he has been adjudged to be guilty of the same offence as Minute yet you don't seem to take the same issue with it.

Brilliant.

I think understanding how conclusions were met is important. Dakota never offered proof publicly. In the thread that accusations were made Wasted made his measurements available for everyone to see. Most of his measurements are close to Fett Pride measurements. Did his measurements come from those pieces he had “rights” to and where did Dakota’s measurements come from? Did they start with Chris Jones? Once again all questions never discussed or proven publicly. Usually when accusations are made they need to be proven and usually publicly to prove without a doubt that recasting happened. This didn’t happen and a decision was made in private and if I didn’t agree I would be asking other questions regarding questionable practices around metal work here. Accusations made against WF weren’t the only ones being made at that time.

I also think it’s very important to state that MinuteFett wasn’t just banned for recasting. There were multiple threads with proof of people being ripped off, items delivered that were used/broken, and multiple lies regarding origins of helmets. The same people who rant and rave about his products defended him when everything came to light. He also was given the same status as Wasted, unable to sell but still be a member with conditions but he couldn’t help himself. So is Wasted guilty of recasting? According to Art and those discussions in private, yes. Is Wasted guilty of lying multiple times, ripping people off, delivering broken/used products, and lying multiple times to admin? No.

The MF supporters here also have no issue with bringing up his products in other forums so if they’re that good they should hold up. Even recently he was delivering helmets that weren’t fully cured and armor that was on the vac table too long and created orange peal. When people ask which one is better quality the answer is obvious. Not many threads over the last few years complaining about the actual quality from WF.

Like I said above. WF and MF are not guilty of the same crimes. There was a repeatable pattern with MF along with many warnings all made very public. If you can show a pattern of behavior like that with WF along with definitive proof he copied Dakota’s personal measurements that he created and weren’t given to him by a 3rd party I would love to see it. If you can then WF should 100% face the same punishment with an all out ban. Until then I take the word of Art.

Now since the conversation before this was focusing on quality of the available hero helmets from either MF or BM, etc we can continue that. My DMs are always open!

I would consider myself to be on a friendly basis with Nino as well, but I am not sure how that plays into this.

I disagree with your assessment that "evidence proving recasting was kept private." The evidence was posted publicly, although that is not a requirement. The only thing that was done beyond what you saw was that I put calipers on both Machinecraft and Nino's pieces myself, but aside from affirming what had already been posted, there was no new information provided or obtained. Perhaps the information provided publicly wasn't conclusive to some, but this has never been or ever will be a community ruled by the majority opinion. The burden falls to the staff and the call was made.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back