Metal Boot spikes

mandalore697

Active Hunter
Hi All,

I've been working on some metal boot spikes recently for my CA Boots. Let me know what you think.

I'm offering these through my website too so if you want a set give me a shout. I won't be able to get any out before Xmas as I'm backed up with Clone Trooper boots at the moment!

I'd really appreciate your opinions though! They are just held on with double sided tape at he moment, but will be held in with screws.

Cheers

Dan

DSC00159.jpg

Those are freakin great Dan :)

i can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that a set of those will be on my boots soon, even if i have to hide outside your place and mug you :lol:

good work buddy

(y)

Those are freakin great Dan :)

i can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that a set of those will be on my boots soon, even if i have to hide outside your place and mug you :lol:

good work buddy

(y)

You trying give me a relapse?!:lol: It was this time of year I got mugged outside my house before!:p

Don't worry buddy I have your pair just about ready to go. Just a bit more cleaning up, and all that's left to do is wrap them up with a pretty bow!

Hey I like those! They look real canon. Just outta curiosity, how did ya attach the spikes to the metal piece that attaches to the boot? Screws? Welding?

I wasn't able to find them on your website mandalore697. Could you provide the link? Thanks.

(y)

Hey,

I'm yet to update the website. It should be up in the next day or two.

The plates are held onto the boots in this picture with some double sided tape, but only for the picture, The actual spikes are going to be held onto the boots via screws.

You trying give me a relapse?!:lol: It was this time of year I got mugged outside my house before!:p

Don't worry buddy I have your pair just about ready to go. Just a bit more cleaning up, and all that's left to do is wrap them up with a pretty bow!

Jeez :facepalm sorry mate i clean forgot about that :facepalm soz

seriously though those spikes are really looking good. Even better than your clones boots (if thats possible) :)

Jeez :facepalm sorry mate i clean forgot about that :facepalm soz

seriously though those spikes are really looking good. Even better than your clones boots (if thats possible) :)

LOL! You're alright mate!

Thanks for the compliments though. We need to arrange when I can get this to you this week buddy.

Dan

Smart move. I've seen and heard of the spikes coming off when they were welded on.

Sorry, totally mis-read the original question!

The plate is going to be held in place by screws, but the spikes are attached to the plate with epoxy putty and 2 part epoxy. The two faces where the metal meets on the spikes and plate are roughened up first so that the putty and epoxy have something to grip to. They are very strong and I've tested the durability too.

Hey ppl. I now have a pair of these spikes and they are brilliant. I am going to be putting them on my boots this weekend and will take some photo's once done.

I really can't stress how beautiful these spikes are. Thanks for these Dan and well done on producing such lovely pieces of work. (y)

Hey ppl. I now have a pair of these spikes and they are brilliant. I am going to be putting them on my boots this weekend and will take some photo's once done.

I really can't stress how beautiful these spikes are. Thanks for these Dan and well done on producing such lovely pieces of work. (y)

:eek:
Thanks mate! Glad you liked them. I'd love to see how they look once on your boots.

Dan

Thanks for posting these pics mate! I'm glad you like them and that they have worked out so well for you.

thank you mate :) . these spikes are really great. i managed to fit them with absolutely no fuss what so ever, and they offered up to my boots perfectly. and as you can see they look fantastic (y)

once again cheers mate :cheers

boots.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back