MCR to paint or not?

e3kehoe

Active Hunter
So I recently acquired a beautiful Mastercraft replicas Boba Fett helmet with metal ears and a real Mq-1 a amazing TFtopper with a real camera lens an accurate borden and am still on the search for a real head cradle. Anyway I have everything cleaned up and attached but not permanently as I’m really on the fence about having it painted. I love that you can see the actual paint layers and the color of the MQ board and the shine of the metal. But having a great paint job on it is pretty amazing also. Those that have one of these helmets or the RS one I would love to have your opinions or pictures of how you’ve displayed it.

Attachments

• 4BDEDF71-641B-484E-8207-2F68DA1010FB.jpeg
    4BDEDF71-641B-484E-8207-2F68DA1010FB.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 169
Paint it up or get it painted! The G2 raw helmets aren’t going away any time soon. There will be plenty more to pick up if you just want to archive one.

Buy another. I plan to keep my early pull MCR unpainted and I'm on superjedi's list to get another MCR painted. It's got all the fixin's ready with real liner, real mq-1, sx-70 lens, etc.

Buy another. I plan to keep my early pull MCR unpainted and I'm on superjedi's list to get another MCR painted. It's got all the fixin's ready with real liner, real mq-1, sx-70 lens, etc.
I think that’s the thing. It is a first run pull and with “all the fixins” as you put it. I probably won’t be getting another one to be honest. Super Jedi has his books closed at the moment but will definitely be hitting him up later. This is definitely a display piece for me not one I’m going to be wearing around. Maybe a half in half paint job would be cool.

I think that’s the thing. It is a first run pull and with “all the fixins” as you put it. I probably won’t be getting another one to be honest. Super Jedi has his books closed at the moment but will definitely be hitting him up later. This is definitely a display piece for me not one I’m going to be wearing around. Maybe a half in half paint job would be cool.
superjedi took that Idea of mine, and ran with it for the TDH booth making the exploded ear and rangefinder it came out great! Something to think about for sure!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back