Mandalorian Chapter 9 Cobb Vanth Gauntlets And Jetpack Flipped as Boba Fett in Ep 6

SNOWAURE

Active Hunter
Mandalorian Chapter 9 Cobb Vanth Gauntlets And Jetpack Flipped as Boba Fett in Ep 6

Hi there, when I saw the mandalorian chapter 09 for second time, I saw clearly that Cobb Vanth Helmet, Gauntlets and Jetpack are from Boba Fett Armor , but there are more details, so read this:

1) Flipped Gauntlets in minute 20:23 (Mando and Cobb first speeder scene). But something strange, the chest indicator is in correct left side, so?. Maybe is not flipped, used new gauntlets inverted version?. Its was a tribute to Boba fett flipped in ep 6 in jabbas palace?. Check the picture 1.

2) Jetpack stabilizing giro and Gauntlets Flipped in minute 20:27 (Mando and Cobb first speeder scene). Or Not flipped and Maybe used another gauntlets and jetpack versión?. Another Ep 6 Boba fett flipped tribute?. Check the picture 2.

3) Jetpack damage and repair evidence in minutes 19:29 (Mando and Cobb first walking scene), and 24:16 (Cobb missile launch scene). Check the pictures 3 and 4.

4) Example 1: Gauntlets correct side minute 33:09. Check the picture 5.

5) Example 2: Stabilizing giro correct side minute 24:16. Check the picture 6.

6) Example 3: Boba fett correct picture ep 6 jabbas palace. Check the picture 7.

7) Example 4: Boba fett flipped in ep 6 jabbas palace. Check the picture 8.

8) Example 5: Bobba fett ep 6, sarlacc scene jetpack back damage. Check the picture 9.

9) Example 6: Mitrinomon Z6 jetpack data. Check the picture 10.

Its was a tribute to Boba fett flipped in ep 6 in jabbas palace?

My conclusion: Because the chest light indicator is in correct left side, they used another jetpack and pair of gauntlets with the parts and accessories inverted.

Tell me you opinion, lets talk about………..

Thanks…

Star Wars and The Mandalorian are trademarks from Disney.

1 GAUNTLETS FLIPPED MINUTE 2023.png

Attachments

• 2 JETPACK AND GAUNTLETS FLIPPED MINUTE 2027.png
    2 JETPACK AND GAUNTLETS FLIPPED MINUTE 2027.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 3 JETPACK DAMAGE AND REPAIR MINUTE 1929.png
    3 JETPACK DAMAGE AND REPAIR MINUTE 1929.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 4 JETPACK DAMAGE AND REPAIR MINUTE 2416.png
    4 JETPACK DAMAGE AND REPAIR MINUTE 2416.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 5 GAUNTLETS CORRECT SIDE EXAMPLE MINUTE 3309.png
    5 GAUNTLETS CORRECT SIDE EXAMPLE MINUTE 3309.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 6 STABILIZING GIRO CORRECT SIDE EXAMPLE MINUTE 2416.png
    6 STABILIZING GIRO CORRECT SIDE EXAMPLE MINUTE 2416.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 7 BOBA FETT CORRECT PICTURE EP6 JABBAS PALACE.jpg
    7 BOBA FETT CORRECT PICTURE EP6 JABBAS PALACE.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 8 BOBA FETT FLIPPED EP6 JABBAS PALACE.jpg
    8 BOBA FETT FLIPPED EP6 JABBAS PALACE.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 307
  • 9 BOBBA FETT EP6 Blu-Ray SARLACC Scene JETPACK BACK DAMAGE.jpg
    9 BOBBA FETT EP6 Blu-Ray SARLACC Scene JETPACK BACK DAMAGE.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 10 MITRINOMON Z6 JETPACK DATA.jpg
    10 MITRINOMON Z6 JETPACK DATA.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Wow I went through that whole episode and didn’t catch on to that very strange. I think it’s even crazier that in Jabbas palace you had the flip as well

Wow I went through that whole episode and didn’t catch on to that very strange. I think it’s even crazier that in Jabbas palace you had the flip as well
Thanks Spicy Fett, I Saw that and I am alone talking everywhere about it but nobody cares jajajajajajaja except you man thanks....

They didn’t create a mirrored set of armour as a tribute. The shots needed to be flipped, and they used CGI to move some of the more obviously backwards elements (ie. chest lights) to the correct side. Most people wouldn’t notice the details on the gauntlet and the jetpack but would notice the chest lights.

Shots are flipped sometimes to correct issues with the screen direction or eyeline or other issues. In ROTJ they flipped the shot of boba to preserve the left/right dynamic of the scene between Leia/Chewbacca and everyone else. In 1983 they didn’t have the ability to re-shoot the shot or move his rangefinder to the other side so as to not be obvious, but in 2020 it’s a lot easier to correct these issues.

They didn’t create a mirrored set of armour as a tribute. The shots needed to be flipped, and they used CGI to move some of the more obviously backwards elements (ie. chest lights) to the correct side. Most people wouldn’t notice the details on the gauntlet and the jetpack but would notice the chest lights.

Shots are flipped sometimes to correct issues with the screen direction or eyeline or other issues. In ROTJ they flipped the shot of boba to preserve the left/right dynamic of the scene between Leia/Chewbacca and everyone else. In 1983 they didn’t have the ability to re-shoot the shot or move his rangefinder to the other side so as to not be obvious, but in 2020 it’s a lot easier to correct these issues.
Also, as you can see in the images, the shoulder bells are on opposite sides as well, hence the dents and the "Bantha Skull" emblem on the right instead of the left. I believe as well that they added the CGI Chest Lights on the left chest for THAT scene, and if that's the case since the neck scarf is barely moving even at the speed they're riding, and probably done in CGI to intentionally cover the right side, which is in fact the real left side, just to correct the scene and not have left AND right chest armor with lights.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back