Man of War Studios

i was just goin by the google converter cuz i have NO clue LOL! but yes you are correct...

kgpound.jpg

i do know that my old pack wasnt anywhere near 17 pounds though! thats insane! So the math is def incorrect there! I dont want people thinking ANY of my packs weighed 17 pounds!!! lol

poundskg.jpg

I remember weighing one and it being around 9 pounds with the solid resin thrusters i was usng for a little bit.

9.jpg

The first ones i did were a little lighter with the foam filled thrusters but they broke to easy, so i switched to the solid resin until i could work out hollow ones that wouldnt break.

You might have laid the thing up extra thick like the helmet you made for rumrunner....

lol....yea i knew i did that, but he was ok with it, so i didnt do another. I always did the packs with just one layer of glass. But the older packs were bigger than my current one, and the thrusters were kinda heavy being soild resin...almost a pound each! There is no way i would have let a 17pound pack out of here, i probably would have had to lay up at least 3 layers of glass to do that! lol

Yea i need to get some nice kit pics. I havent posted anything yet cuz im still finishing up previous orders. Once those are all done and i have some available i'll post a new thread.

For now...Although you cant see the hollowness of the thrusters, redone exhaust vent, and how much more shallow it is towards the bottom... here is one of my newest packs (V3) i did Kamino Jango style for Pat/Skyfire.
IMG_2688.JPG

Yea i need to get some nice kit pics. I havent posted anything yet cuz im still finishing up previous orders. Once those are all done and i have some available i'll post a new thread.

For now...Although you cant see the hollowness of the thrusters, redone exhaust vent, and how much more shallow it is towards the bottom... here is one of my newest packs (V3) i did Kamino Jango style for Pat/Skyfire.
View attachment 158092
I was more talking about the fella who said it was 8 kilos

IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
Not a great set of photos but my mow jango jetpack unfinished which i think is lighter than the boba version he makes (also not including back pannel) and lighter than it will be once finished weighed in at 6kg and my dvh v1 totally finished with metal parts including all 4 jetpack hooks, also leds installed powered by 9v battery along with the wing nuts/threaded rods and all of that weighed in at 6.5kg

That makes more sense. I was still learning a good casting method with JPs on the V1s so they may have varied between 9-10 pounds, so 6.5kg is just over 13 pounds, completely built with the metal parts sounds about right. So the new one (the v3) with metal beacon and thruster greeblies at 7.2 pounds is significantly lighter. Sweet. I should have took a pic when i weighed Skyfires Jango pack.. that was the first completed V3 pack. I'll do that with the next one :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back