Maldorian Guards Jango Progress

Looking good man.
Use a single snap placed about 3/4" from the tip of your boot armor, and attach the other end to your boot like you did on the sides.

For the shin armor, use elastic straps and snaps, and put the straps through small holes in your flightsuit legs and wrap them around your legs. Make sure the elastic straps are tight enough so your armor doesn't move around too freely. If one strap isn't enough, add a second one at the bottom.

Also, getting rid of that velcro at the top of your boot armor, will allow your pant leg to tuck underneath. If you wanted to keep your pant leg tucked underneath your boot armor, you could sew a strip of velcro on the bottom of your pant leg.

Here's a pic of the shin strap.

DSC01997.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cruzer. I going to be doing that for me shins, thanks for that. I using snaps for my cod piece also. Will revisit the boot plate now as per your instructions. Thanks very much. Sent you pm before.

Thanks Cruzer for your advice. I got round to doing the shins, only problem I have on them is the flightsuit look baggy where the shins are? Any advice to sort the baggy part on the flightsuit where the shins are.

For the boots I used velcro patch (not snaps) to the boots. Seems ok.
My problem is the boot plate dangle too much when walking. I used velcro at the bottom of the boot plates, but becomes loose when walking (even with Heavy duty velcro). Any ideas to sort this out? Any threads or pics would help alot. Thanks

Should be getting my backplate off Cruzer soon. Dark Side knees on order.
Got some bolo leather too.

Use a safety pin to gather up the excess leg material behind your shin armor. And replacing the velcro on your boot armor with snaps would do the trick. You also want to make sure the velcro staps on your boot armor are taunt, but it looks like they are from the pics.

DSC02403.jpg

Thats great Cruzer, will have a look this weekend. Sent you a pm, beginning to wonder what was happening. Any ideas on my shins problem? Here is a pic to explain all.
Did your tutorial for it and added velcro to.
DSC02598.gif

DSC02601.jpg

Question... What diameter did you use for your bolo cord? I am assuming 5mm or so based on your pics.

Nice build by the way!

The backplate looks great. I think this is the first time I've seen one polished. You did a much better job trimming it than I could have done.(y)

I put my backplate on my flak vest the other day. Bit concerned the bolo may cause problem with my backplate.

DSC02655.gif

Back2520curve_JPG.gif

DSC02656.gif

jangochroniclesgl7.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

Cruzer - Good to show off your fine work! Was nervouse cutting the slots out on the backplate. I could put up a tutorial on how to do work on a backplate if it helps!

Next to weather it. Then get my jet pack and do work on the harness, flak vest and backplate and jet pack to all fit together.

The backplate was actually made a little longer to fit a wide range of heights. It can be trimmed along the bottom if necessary.(y)

Was at Bobby Fett UK's house today. Picked up my helmet and Jet Pack off him. Got my flightsuit weathered.

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02691.gif

DSC02695.gif

DSC02697.gif

DSC02696.gif

Am sure most of you have seen the progress of my jet pack build by Bobby Fett UK.

Does anybody have high resolution pics on the Jango blasters? After the handles in particular for the colour against the barrels. Any help please! Thanks!

looking good man. What a fantastic looking backplate! Try the bolo belt on with the backplate and post some pics and we can try and figure out the best solution, but if it is a major overlap I would have to agree on the trimming. Nothing to worry about though bro. Great work!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back