Looking for recommendations for my Jango Build

Noir

New Hunter
Hey there,

I'm looking to find some recommendations for my Jango build.

1. Is there a specific balaclava you can recommend? I have Boba Makers flight suit and would love to have something with a matching colour. Would be perfect, if it woulnd't cover mouth and nose.

2. What kind of padding do you recommend for the helmet? Do you use a chin strap?

3. What kind of padding do you recommend for the gauntlets?

Many thanks

Want to preface that I haven't ever worn a Mando style bucket, but I have definitely wore my fair share of Clone buckets in the past. Personally, I always went with a tactical style padding kit. I found it to be the most comfortable option while allowing flexibility to add or remove pads to fit your specific head. I plan on getting the same when my Jango bucket arrives!

Hey there,

I'm looking to find some recommendations for my Jango build.

1. Is there a specific balaclava you can recommend? I have Boba Makers flight suit and would love to have something with a matching colour. Would be perfect, if it woulnd't cover mouth and nose.

2. What kind of padding do you recommend for the helmet? Do you use a chin strap?

3. What kind of padding do you recommend for the gauntlets?

Many thanks

1. A standard black balaclava will do, or you can look around on places like amazon for one that is close in color to the flight suit if you want. Either should work fine.

2. A chin strap really isn't needed if the helmet is nicely snug on your head. Any foam padding will work, you can get tactical ones like recommended above or you can rip out the padding from old baseball/football/lacrosse/hockey/biking helmets and use that.

3. I put strips of gun case foam (the stuff that's shaped like egg cartons) in the upper half of my gauntlets. Comes in sheets and can easily be cut to the exact size needed.

Noir
My build was based on a ROTJ Fett. Here is my build link - Iron's ROTJ WIP But since this is more about functionality rather than appearance, I thought I'd chime in. So you had asked:

Question 1: Is there a specific balaclava you can recommend? I have Boba Makers flight suit and would love to have something with a matching colour. Would be perfect, if it woulnd't cover mouth and nose.
Answer: I looked at some options, but honestly, for me, felt like it didn't do much for comfort and appearance. So I abandoned the idea of using a balaclava. Maybe for comfort, like if I was going to be in some extreme cold temperatures. But I find myself warm enough in the suit as is. I can't speak for the rest of my fellow Fett's, but the only thing I wear when I put on my flight suit is underwear and socks.....that's it, and I'm plenty warm. Hahaha!

Question 2: What kind of padding do you recommend for the helmet? Do you use a chin strap?
Answer: This question is what piqued my interest. but when building my ROTJ Fett, I looked at various different headstrap options. Being a former soldier in the US Army ('94-'04) I was familiar with the PASGT (Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops), which is a headstrap suspension systems that soldiers use on their Helmets (We called the helmets "K-Pots" or simply "Kevlar"). Obviously as a soldier wearing a standard issue military helmet for extended periods of time can be taxing. So I imagine the Department of Defense went to some lengths to make them as comfortable as they could be. But here is what mine looks like installed in my ROTJ Boba Maker VX Helmet.....
PASGT System - Installed.jpg

I secured mine with heavy duty 3M velcro, and have trooped with it a handful of times. And I can say it is very responsive and comfortable on my head, even with quick turns of my head (No Bobbling). I don't have a chin strap on mine, since I don't plan on using my costume to do any action moves that would involve me jumping around. So, I didn't think a chin strap.....for me, was necessary.

If this is what you're after, then you need simply to head out to ebay and search:
1) PASGT Helmet Suspension (Seller: Windyman55)
2) PASGT Sweatband (Seller: alleghenyoutlet)
Both items seem to be plentiful and are easily acquired - I got both of mine for just under $12.00. Just an FYI, typically these items will be separate purchases. Also, make sure to understand your head size. For some reason I recalled me having a "Large" band when I was in the Army. And ordered it blindly......turned out, it was WAY too big and I needed to order the next size down - Medium.

Question 3: What kind of padding do you recommend for the gauntlets?
Answer: Many here have mentioned using foam, while I've seen a few that have incorporated a custom strapping system into their gauntlets. I myself opt'd for foam. It seems to work out well for me. I do like the idea of using gun foam as Kdogg211187 mentioned. For me, I went to a local Fred Meyer and picked up some cheap foam and hot glued it in place, like so.....
Gauntlet Padding.jpg

Just make sure your not going ALL the way to the edges with the foam as you don't want it to be seen by outside folks. Here's how it looks on me - quite difficult to see any padding....
No Gauntlet Padding - 1.JPG

No Gauntlet Padding - 2.JPG

Fett - The Sunset.JPG

Fett - Full Profile.JPG

Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it!
(y):cool:

Regards,
-Iron

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back