Can I use foam

• No, must be something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanaFett

New Hunter
hi guys,
Recently started my first Star Wars build ROTJ Boba Fett. I didn't realize how big this build would be! I have a question, I'm using different material for my build, Sintra, Worbula, and foam. My question is, I have used foam to build the knee/shoulder armour and I think it looks great. I was talking to a local 501's guy and he was saying I can't use foam. I searched the Control files in the 501's and it didn't mention any requirement regarding material.
Can we use foam or not? I'm building everything from scratch, not buying the parts, and like the idea of using different materials.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 252
Hi! Generally, and if not specified differently, it doesn't really matter what material you are using for 501st approval. If you get it as close to the CRL requirements as needed, the material isn't important. But since Legion requirements are pretty strict, your current version is too far off from basic approval. If you want to build it with foam, you definitely need to get the proportions and overall look right. Working with the CRL pictures and original reference and sticking to those will help in that regard.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back