JW03's Custom Mando

JW03

Active Hunter
Hey guys,

I finally started a new custom (didn't like the way the last one was turning out...). I've been working on it for four days now, and have made some progress, and am quite happy with what I've got so far (first time I've successfully bent this much plastic:D). So far everything (but the knees), is primered and ready to paint, but I still have to get the backplate(probably going to buy a vac formed one, b/c I can't seem to make one...:cry) and a cod, which I may start tomorrow.

This is the concept of what I'm doing...
colorscheme3mando.jpg

This is what I have done (this is actually my dad's helmet, and this is a test fitting, but I will attatch everything with snaps when they are fully painted/weathered)You can't tell in the first pic, but the jumpsuit is blue and the vest is black.You can tell better in the second pic.
IMG_0691.jpg

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments guys!
Forgot to put this up yesterday, this is my mando's pistol...Havn't started the paint job for it yet...

IMG_4081-1.jpg

It's the one from the 5th element.

I've done a little work on the knees the past couple of days, and pretty much made them from scratch. They aren't perfect, but I can always upgrade to vac-formed if I need to.

They're made of sintra.
IMG_0674-1.jpg

I used WOF templates
IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

I'm generally pleased with them as this is my first attempt.:) All I have left to do to them is paint/weather them, and add elastic/velro(or snaps) to them, and add my darts to them of course.

Hey, that's a Vector CP-1! Those are fantastic looking little pistols, though they were recalled for alot of malfunctions, and are even used on the new Galactica series. Loved what you did with, very cool. (y)

You mean this? The gun above is a resin cast that I bought about a year ago, it's the one from the 5th Element, Korben Dallas' gun. I plan on modding it a little bit more, and adding a laser, and led's, but I'm not sure yet exactly where I plan to do so.
vektor_vv.jpg

Update!

Earlier I posted that I was probably going to purchase a vac-formed backplate. However, I decided, "I've got enough plastic, why not try one and see how it goes..." Well mayber an hour and thirty minutes later, I formed one that I am actually happy with, so I may use that(y)! I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon.

As promised, Backplate pics. Lemme know what you think!
IMG_0781.jpg

And some other pics. Still havn't painted anything, so that's primer, not the final color:p All I gotta do now is a cod; I may attempt one, but I don't think I'll do too well:facepalm, so I'll probably get a vac formed one later. You can see the jumpsuit alot better in these ones. I'm gonna end up getting different gloves, as these ones are just too bright:)
IMG_0780.jpg

That's it for now! Lemme know what ya'll think:D

Finally, an update :D. I (with the help of SaxeCoburg) got around to painting/weathering the armor. I still gotta do the gauntlets, and get a cod and girth belt (the cape is being worked on sometime). These pics don't have the vest in them (forgot to put it with them).
IMG_0806.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back