Jet Pack Damage Template?

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I am getting ready to do an ESB Jet Pack paint up. I have seen some awesome renditions of the damage to the missile. Is there something out there that I can't find or are people scaling up actual pictures and using those as templates?

Thanks!

My friend Ian painted mine, and we sat in his garage with a picture on his computer of the original costume, and just looked back and forth. Freehanded it.

I took the gallery pics and opened with the paint program. Then selected and cut out the sections that I wanted as a template. After that, printed off a few different size (scaled as percentages) until I was confident that I would have one print of each, with the appropriate scale once placed on the pack body,etc.
Used the xacto knife and trimmed the images.
It worked out pretty well.

I am getting ready to do an ESB Jet Pack paint up. I have seen some awesome renditions of the damage to the missile. Is there something out there that I can't find or are people scaling up actual pictures and using those as templates?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I freehanded mine as well. The jetpack damage is not clean edged like the armor and helmet, it's more brushy-smudgy. So templates would be harder to use IMHO.

I've looked at some many pictures and post, I started creating my own notes and details drawn to a template. Hoping to get it as actuate as possible as well.

Blending key. Given I'm doing a mannequin build, I put in all this effort and was then realizing it will be facing the wall most of the time! May have to come up with a better location to show-off the effort!

"You're never too old to be a Fett man." But you can be too big for the suit. I little girl asked me, totally serious, "Are you Boba Fett, or Boba Fat?"

"You're never too old to be a Fett man." But you can be too big for the suit. I little girl asked me, totally serious, "Are you Boba Fett, or Boba Fat?"
Ironically I just got the license plate FETT and posted it on FB. My German buddy commented "you know that's fat in German?" Lol.

That is funny. I looked it up on an English to German translation site and it's true. How did that not become well known on the boards?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back