Jennari's Jango Build

I actually saw your picture with Seeker on Instagram a few days ago and was wondering who the lady Fett was. Congrats on reaching the finish line! Hoping to join you in the next month or so!

I actually saw your picture with Seeker on Instagram a few days ago and was wondering who the lady Fett was. Congrats on reaching the finish line! Hoping to join you in the next month or so!
Thank you! And yeah, I REALLY wish my hair hadn't been showing in those photos, but it's hard to arrange it when I'm kitted up. Plus, I'd purposely left my balaclava off because I was getting a bucket off photo with Tem and Daniel and I didn't want my hair to be all tangled and messed up. Still, I have faith I'll see 'Turo again and that I can get a better kitted up photo then.

Not a complaint (you look great!) but any idea why there's the gap between the top of your backpack and the armor's back plate? I thought they were supposed to be pretty tight there? Some issue with the harness? Congrats on your first field run!

Not a complaint (you look great!) but any idea why there's the gap between the top of your backpack and the armor's back plate? I thought they were supposed to be pretty tight there? Some issue with the harness? Congrats on your first field run!
The guy who suited me up admitted it wasn't his strong suit. Plus, it's very hard to suit up in. The jetpack harness goes under the vest, and the straps feed through the vest and backplate to the jetpack itself. Also, the straps are prone to loosening and the jetpack jostles and sags. I don't know how to prevent that.

What I've done with other strapping situations in the past, is once I get it dialed in to where I want it, I'll just sew 2 lines near the buckle to lock it in place. If you only do a couple lines of stitching, it's pretty easy to remove. Now, granted, webbing will stretch, but that may take some of the slack out when you get it where you want it.

They also make these tri-glides for webbing which are also used to lock longer pieces in place that may or may not work in your situation.

They look like this...

YKK-Tri-Bar-Adjustable-Webbing-Slider-1_1.jpg

Hope this helps, and great work on your Jango suit!

What I've done with other strapping situations in the past, is once I get it dialed in to where I want it, I'll just sew 2 lines near the buckle to lock it in place. If you only do a couple lines of stitching, it's pretty easy to remove. Now, granted, webbing will stretch, but that may take some of the slack out when you get it where you want it.

They also make these tri-glides for webbing which are also used to lock longer pieces in place that may or may not work in your situation.

They look like this...

View attachment 224697

Hope this helps, and great work on your Jango suit!
Yeah, my harness came with those, but they either weren't threaded in when I suited up, or they weren't in the proper place on the strap. I think only Seeker, Arturo, can help me get the straps right.

Sorry for the late update, vode, but long story short, Jango is done!

View attachment 224577

View attachment 224578

View attachment 224579

View attachment 224580

Took it out for the first test run at Celebration, as was always my goal, and found a few issues in addition to the already-present ones, most of which were honestly expected.

View attachment 224581

View attachment 224582

View attachment 224583

View attachment 224584

I look forward to truly finishing and getting this kit approved in the other clubs and Brigades. Thanks so much for your suport throughout this build, vode!

great pics! job well done!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back