Is there an official How To section?

spyder918

Jr Hunter
Or is everything just randomly under the Boba Fett Costume section? I'm looking for a good ESB build and/or How To section that shows how things get attached, how to put things on, etc, etc. If not this site/forum, let me know what you suggest. Thanks!

I'm currently working on a ROTJ Build and before I do almost everything I just Google what I want to do or whatever I have a question about. More likely than not, somebody has already done it or done a lot of the leg work. In my experience, I've pretty much always came across a thread from here that had the information I was looking for. There's so much great information out there available, you just have to look.

I'm currently working on a ROTJ Build and before I do almost everything I just Google what I want to do or whatever I have a question about. More likely than not, somebody has already done it or done a lot of the leg work. In my experience, I've pretty much always came across a thread from here that had the information I was looking for. There's so much great information out there available, you just have to look.
Thanks for the tip. I guess I was looking for something a bit more easier to follow. When I built my TK armor, one of the TK forums had epic builds completely outlining everything, parts, step by step instructions, mods, tips. It made things a lot easier. I was hoping there was one for Boba builds.

Hi Spyder918 and welcome!

There are a multitude of various options to attach, fix, modify suit components together. It just requires a little SEARCH work within the relevant forum topics. Some are done OT style, others for usage, longevity, flm work etc. I find it best to see what you like and are capable [parts, equipment etc] of doing with nary an issue. Sometimes it's also a trial and error system as after that say, first troop, should you be trooping, that this particular method doesn't work for you.

And you can always ask. Some of us have been doing this for a long whiles now and can offer up bits of advice. Soak up what you can and use the best that works for you.

That said, good luck and it's always nice to meet a new OT Fett.

Last edited:
There are plenty of detailed instructions available here. They are not always in the same place though. First try the search function. If your unable to find it that way (the search function here doesn’t always work that great), just ask and I’m sure someone will help you.

Like any forum, the more important threads will be your stickies. But aside from that, like it’s been mentioned, you have to search. While I like the idea of a “how to“ similar to what you’d see on whitearmor, our group is a lot smaller by comparison and I don’t think anyone has really jumped on it yet.

The whole forum is a 'how-to' section, you just have to dig a little or post questions for specific issues. Boba Fett is renowned for being one of the (if not THE) most difficult and complex builds so, whilst I'm new to it too - I doubt you'll find any kind of step-by-step guide and I imagine everyone's builds differ in their methods. Best advice is to read, read, read!

All great feedback. Thank you guys! I'm beginning to see what you mean with the complexity of this suit I can see how making an all encompassing build thread would be pretty difficult.

spyder918
I agree with many of the other statements from above. The "How to's" for me, when I was working on my ROTJ Fett were the WIP's that people do. A lot of these are filled with great ideas and tips-n-tricks. Just search out “ESB WIP” and you'll get many hits. It's been known that Boba Fett (any variant) is one of the, if not thee most difficult costume to make in the Star Wars Universe. But for me as a first timer to this crazy world of Cosplay and also first timer in getting involved with airbrushing, I can tell you it can be done. But I wouldn't have been able to do mine without the help from folks here on The Dented Helmet!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
The Prop Building Workshop area is suppose to be the "How To" but like others have said the wealth of knowledge is in the WIP threads. Everything we know about Boba's costume from found parts, how to replicate the costume, etc have been discovered here. A lot of those discoveries got buried over the course of time but take your time with research! I spent hours and hours on TDH long before I started my build!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back