Incomer from France with a ton of questions...

Lemorseaplumes

Active Hunter
Hi everyone,

My name's Martin and I am from France (Normandy). I am 31 and I have been a Boba Fett fan since I first saw ESB on 1997 (SE).
Ten years ago I posted here to present the humble Boba Fett costume project I made for a Carnaval and I received very nice feedback from you guys (here : My Boba Fett Costume).
I am now an adult (am I ?) with a steady job, I would like to "start the hunt" for my own ESB Boba Fett costume. I do not necessery want to be a part of the 501 legion, but I do want to have an accurate costume to display and to wear occasionnaly, with a budget I would like to keep aound 2000 / 2500 €.

For know I ordered the EFX helmet (400 €) as it seems to be the most accurate official ready to wear item, but I did understrand that most of you consider this product as inferior comparated to fanbuild helmets. So maybe I will replace it later if I am not happy with it.

I also ordered Fett Pride armor pieces on etsy for 300 €. I just saw that you were not very favorable on buying things via Etsy and eBay, on that you recommand to get in touch directly with TDH members who can provide some pieces of the costume. I was ready to buy soft parts on the KriptonTop boutique on Etsy as it seems to me a very accurate fabric for a decent price (400 €) but I got to admit your different feedback kind of cool me off.

As every new member, I have a ton of questions, but I will keep digging on the forum. For now I will only ask if some of you from France or Europe have interested plans to get some of the needed material without necesseraly ordered from the US, because the port and importation taxes are getting very expensives.

Thank you for reading (regardless of my English skills...), and best wishes pour 2022 !

Last edited:
Welcome! You're off to a good start with the efx helmet and fett pride armor.

Have you looked into Boba Maker for other pieces? He's in Portugal which might be cheaper for softgoods and remaining aspects of your build!

Hello BudaFett.

I know Boba Maker is in Portugal and I will definitily look to his product for my next orders, but I am affraid some of his part could be too big for me, especially the gauntlets.

For now I am trying to do an ammo belt by myself, I will post about it when finished.

I am a bit lost regarding the shoes, can't find something satisfaying enough for now.

Hi everyone,

My name's Martin and I am from France (Normandy). I am 31 and I have been a Boba Fett fan since I first saw ESB on 1997 (SE).
Ten years ago I posted here to present the humble Boba Fett costume project I made for a Carnaval and I received very nice feedback from you guys (here : My Boba Fett Costume).
I am now an adult (am I ?) with a steady job, I would like to "start the hunt" for my own ESB Boba Fett costume. I do not necessery want to be a part of the 501 legion, but I do want to have an accurate costume to display and to wear occasionnaly, with a budget I would like to keep aound 2000 / 2500 €.

For know I ordered the EFX helmet (400 €) as it seems to be the most accurate official ready to wear item, but I did understrand that most of you consider this product as inferior comparated to fanbuild helmets. So maybe I will replace it later if I am not happy with it.

I also ordered Fett Pride armor pieces on etsy for 300 €. I just saw that you were not very favorable on buying things via Etsy and eBay, on that you recommand to get in touch directly with TDH members who can provide some pieces of the costume. I was ready to buy soft parts on the KriptonTop boutique on Etsy as it seems to me a very accurate fabric for a decent price (400 €) but I got to admit your different feedback kind of cool me off.

As every new member, I have a ton of questions, but I will keep digging on the forum. For now I will only ask if some of you from France or Europe have interested plans to get some of the needed material without necesseraly ordered from the US, because the port and importation taxes are getting very expensives.

Thank you for reading (regardless of my English skills...), and best wishes pour 2022 !
Yay, another European! Welcome (back), nice to see someone stick to the hobby and come back for more!

Regarding your plans...
  • The EFX helmet is a really good option for display and could, with some modifications, even be made 501st acceptable
  • Good on you for setting a budget and planning!
  • I dont have any experience with etsy, but I do with BobaMaker, even if that was a long time ago (around 2012?). Even the fact that hes going for so long and I havent come across any negative reports on him speak volumes. Can't recommend him enough!
  • For soft parts maybe give Arkady a shout. if BM options are too large. I dont know her prices though.
Lastly: Your englisch is really not bad! :)

Thank you all for the welcome !

Boots from Fandango Fett seems frackin' nice indeed, but I am not sure I can spend 230 $ on shoes.

I was looking for a "budget option" and wonder is some of you ever try to customize this low price Boba Fett shoes you can find on aliexpress ? At least the front square shape seems good and I wonder if I would be able to appose some canvas on it (I did something similar on my Scout Trooper boots with faux leather on Caterpillar boots). Could be a 40 € temporary solution.

Attachments

• Boba-Fett-bottes-de-Cosplay-chaussures-sur-mesure-pour-Halloween-f-te-de-carnaval.jpg
    Boba-Fett-bottes-de-Cosplay-chaussures-sur-mesure-pour-Halloween-f-te-de-carnaval.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 147
Boba Fett is not a cheap endeavor. There’s a old saying around here: “Buy cheap, buy twice.”

I can also appreciate having a budget. My first build was totally scratch built. It was a blast to build and I learned a lot of new skills, but in the long run it wasn’t good enough for me and I ended up upgrading everything. Some things twice. In the long run I ended up spending twice as much as I should have. It all depends on what your end goal is.

Hey ! Though I'll give some update on my build. It's been a busy first month !

- EFX helmet received : I can see the needed modifications, and I will follow the exemple of jhfagan.

- Fett pride armor received and trimed, except for the knee parts because it seems very thin, and I need to build reinforcement, maybe with bended aluminium, to be sure there won't snap. I tryed to keep a return edge of 3-4 mm on all the part, what do you think about ?

20220206_194947.jpg
20220206_195000.jpg

- Bobamaker's jumpsuit and Fetttronics chest display received

- Just finished the work on a DIY ammo belt. I used "chocolat" brown faux leather, which have a nice glossy effect. Entierly hand-sewed, with ammo pockets formed around pieces of wood following the rafalfett tutorial. Took me 10 hours work I guess. Curious to know what you will think of it !

DSC_0209.JPG
DSC_0210.JPG

- Also received my budget boots from aliexpress. Got to admit I ordered it by curiousity, and there are not that bad ! The shape seems good, and I will cover them with grey canvas as planed.

20220203_205503.jpg
20220203_202803.jpg

Finally, been working on the shin tools because I wanted to fill the pocket of my new suit ! I used sheet of 5 mm plastic handsculpted. It kind of go wrong on the last opening of the knife, so I will make a new one soon. What do you think about ?

20220206_194832.jpg

More soft parts to come, can't wait to install the armor piece on the upcomming flak vest !

You will heard from me again ;)

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back