How far can you get?

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fett's,
As I suited up this past weekend to go to our community's Candy Drive and Volunteer Recruiting I found myself thinking of this…

Question: How far can you guys get into your Fett Suits by yourselves? (Asking either ESB or ROTJ.....or ANY Fett really) For me, I can get everything on but need assistance with getting the white straps out of my vest and then my back armor on. And again with needing help getting the white straps through my back armor, and then my Jetpack on. Other than that, I can almost do it all myself. How bout you guys? How far can you get on your own. Can anyone do it ALL themselves unassisted?

Regards,
-Iron

Last edited:
I just moved my mannequin and my ROTJ suit the other day and I could barely re-suit the mannequin by myself. It calls into question all those scenes where Boba has no jetpack and the "poof!" he's flying off to battle Luke. Weequay or someone had to be standing right there to assist in putting that thing on! :)

I can do everything except the right gauntlet hoses clipped under the sleeve, the flack vest closed in the back, back armor attached & jet pack mounted.
Lazerjock
My hoses are attached via keychain ring. I actually let the gauntlet dangle on my Flight Suit and then after I get that on, I put on my right gauntlet.

I just moved my mannequin and my ROTJ suit the other day and I could barely re-suit the mannequin by myself. It calls into question all those scenes where Boba has no jetpack and the "poof!" he's flying off to battle Luke. Weequay or someone had to be standing right there to assist in putting that thing on! :)
DennisFett1142
That is so funny!
<"The Battle at the Sarlacc Pit" - And Boba is on Jabba's Sail Barge - And the battle JUST started!>
Boba: "Hey bud....c'mere!"
Weequay: "....Yeah."
Boba: "Hey man, be a pal and help me get my back armor and jetpack on would ya?"
Weequay: <Looks confused - but also semi-terrified of the notorious Bounty Hunter> "Uh.....ok."
<Weequay assists Boba with the tasks>
Boba: "Oh and uh.....don't be telling anyone about this - Got it?!"
Weequay:"Yes sir!"
1634226169269.png

I'm 100% sure there has to be a droid or something that he uses to get it all on.

-Iron

Lazerjock
My hoses are attached via keychain ring. I actually let the gauntlet dangle on my Flight Suit and then after I get that on, I put on my right gauntlet.
I've done it that way before too, but I figure if I need help anyway just let them do the hoses too.

[USER=14573]DennisFett1142

That is so funny!
<"The Battle at the Sarlacc Pit" - And Boba is on Jabba's Sail Barge - And the battle JUST started!>
Boba: "Hey bud....c'mere!"
Weequay: "....Yeah."
Boba: "Hey man, be a pal and help me get my back armor and jetpack on would ya?"
Weequay: <Looks confused - but also semi-terrified of the notorious Bounty Hunter> "Uh.....ok."
<Weequay assists Boba with the tasks>
Boba: "Oh and uh.....don't be telling anyone about this - Got it?!"
Weequay:"Yes sir!"
View attachment 216308

I'm 100% sure there has to be a droid or something that he uses to get it all on.

-Iron
That's awesome!

At our age that's an accomplishment!
Give yourself soooome credit. I'm sure you can at least put your boots on by yourself too ;D

I'm not a Fett costume guy - but I can fully dress myself with everything but my jetpack thankfully! I've seen some people that have tried magnets to mount the jetpack themselves but seems too risky to me to warrant ease of use
Sometimes those damn boots are trouble . My flightsuit has gotten a lil tight in the ole midsection . It must have shrunk !! Yeah I’m going with that ! Lol

I built a portable/collapsible stand, that holds my jetpack in up in place. Then, I walk backwards up to it, reach back (takes a little finaggling) and connect my 2 clips coming out of the top of the back plate. I have 2 thin magnets glued up into my jetpacks top metal clamps. As soon as the harness clips get glose to the jetpack clamps, the magnets pull the 2 metal clamps up into place on the jetpack.

Then, it's just bending my knees, reaching behind my lower back, and standing back up with the jetpacks lower clips sliding over the harness's cross bar.

Takes me about 2-3 minutes, but I can put my jetpack on by myself np.

I dont have any local friends to troop with, so whenever I want to go anywhere, I have to put it all on myself.

-edit-
Found it:

Though I realize now, I never actually posted a video of me using it while suited up. WIll do that asap

Last edited:
Because I have no friends that cosplay, to troop with, and I’m not in the 501st yet, other than the 2 times I’ve gotten to ‘troop as a guest’ at a 501st event, whenever I suit up I am doing it 100% by myself. Because of this, I had to come up with a stand that holds my jetpack up in place, that allows me to back up to it, reach behind myself (it’s fun lol) and put on my jetpack by myself. I can 100% suit up, every component (including jetpack) on my own.

Next week I’ll make a video showing the jetpack stand/how i put it on by myself, then will do one suiting up from start to finish by myself.

Including jetpack, I can get suited up in about 15 minutes now. Used to take 45 lol

-edit-
Just saw this is a post I previously commented on
/facepalm
/facepalm
/facepalm

Will do the suited up video lol

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back