Zamsara = 4 (paid, shipped..)
LadyZam = 4
JediNitess = 4 (shipped and received)
Mookie = 2
MonCal = 2 (shipped and received)

Total = 28

<font color="#CC0033">
EDIT ~ 2/3/04
Okay, I'm going to round up on the price of the connectors to $2 a piece. :)

When you PM me with your addresses, please let me know if you want insurance, ect.

Thank you!

<font color="#990000">*EDIT* 8/18/03
After many hassels with Aussie post and banks, Ali finally recieved my check to help her pay for the 34 hose connectors we 'ordered'. I'm sorry it's taken this long. I just want to make sure that everyone still wants what they asked for. As soon as she sends me the connectors, I'll be sending you all a PM. :)

BTW... this question from Ali was emailed today:
"Does it matter (for costuming purposes) what diameter the little pipe that sticks out is? Cos I've been sending you 13mm pipes I think, but there's some connectors with 19mm pipes I think, but otherwise they are identical. If the pipe width doesn't matter, I can get way more connecors in
one go. Let me know..."

Does it matter to anyone? If not, I'll tell her to buy what she can. :)

Thanks for you patience. :)

Hello fellow Zammer's. :)

This is an interest thread to find out how many of you would like Hose Connectors that either were not able to get a pair that Dallas had supplied, or if you just want extras in case of a boo boo. :)

My friend in Australia is willing to go hunting for more of these, but I need to know if anyone is interested of course.

They are $3 (Australian) a piece. I did not get a pair of Dallas' connectors so I do not know if they are identical to the ones he got, but they are pretty close I think.

They have 4 "prongs", 9 ridges between each prong, is 1 inch in diameter on one side and about an 1 and a quarter on the other.

Some pics:

Sorry the images are blurry. The work digi cam was fighting me. :angry

Dustin Crops Boy

Well-Known Hunter
perfect - they are exact to the ones i had - but without the expensive timer part - i wish i woulda found those when i was there... but i went to prolly 4 diff HW stores and my friend went to 10+ - and never saw these ones :(

oh - you need to keep the other part too - the ring that screws into the part - as this will help connect it to the vest.

oh - and i'll get 5 pair from ya. LMK when ya get em :D

Cutest Sandgirl

Active Hunter

Dustin Crops Boy wrote:

perfect - they are exact to the ones i had - but without the expensive timer part - i wish i woulda found those when i was there... but i went to prolly 4 diff HW stores and my friend went to 10+ - and never saw these ones :(
You will not believe this but I think she found them at K-Mart.

oh - you need to keep the other part too - the ring that screws into the part - as this will help connect it to the vest.
phew! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustin Crops Boy

Well-Known Hunter
damn - i went to K-Mart there too :(

yea- that other ring will go behind the vest - and poke out the hole - thn you just screw the nubed ring onto it :)

Zam I Am

Well-Known Hunter
Actually, put me in for 4 pairs too. :)
Cutest-- you can ignore/delete your prior pm from me, everything was explained :D I edited your list for you :)

Dustin Crops Boy

Well-Known Hunter
just a note.... $3 AUD is equvilant to $1.94 USD... Quite a bargain!!! The CHEAPEST part of a Zam costume... if only everything else on her was this inexpensive :(

Cutest Sandgirl

Active Hunter
I'll let you know as soon as I hear from Alison. She's gone quiet on me again. :(

She's studying to be an anthro / palentologist and sometimes she gets called away unexpectedly to help out at digs.

Cutest Sandgirl

Active Hunter
*UPDATE*

I sent Aly a check to buy the hose connectors WEEKS ago and the stupid postal service lost it. :angry

I sent it Global Priority too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

She picked up a few connectors out of pocket, but can't afford to get the total without some help.

We were going to do a wire transfer as a back up plan but she hasn't been answering her email so I think she's off on a last minute dino dig.

So, I wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about this.... it's just that nothing seems to be going our way. :(

Zam I Am

Well-Known Hunter
I have 20mm/25mm tap x13 mm TUBE on mine, and they fit the hose EXACTLY, with no give, drilling etc.

PM sent

Cutest Sandgirl

Active Hunter
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP! :D

Mom called to tell me another package from OZ had arrived with the words 'hose connectors from Alison' written upon it. :D

Not sure how many she was able to send in this package. What I want to know is if all those who are on the sign up sheet are still interested in these hose connectors.

Please reply in this thread with a yay or nay. :) Thanks!