Hola from Mexico City

DGraccoon

New Hunter
Hello, I´m David, I´m 25, I´m from Mexico City; and as many of you my childhood dream was to actually be Boba Fett, after a lot of weeks of this idea wandering my mind, I´ve decided to actually do it; the ultimate goal for me it would be to get the 501st approval; I´ve decided to do the ROTJ Hero Version, I´ve read a lot of forums for newbies like me, and most of them get to the conclusion that the ideal route is to buy a kit and start from there, but honestly right now I´m paying for my masters and i just don´t have enough money to spare. So i was thinking to do it from scratch using cardboard, fiberglass and bondo, those materials are cheap in my country and I´m willing to put the effort and time, and maybe buy the soft parts later; but my question is that type of costume would be enough for a 501st approval?, also being realistic it´s a longshot to make it in the 1st try; but anything can happen right?

Hello and welcome , building a fett costume by hand will always make it feel personal and a great achievement. It may be a good idea to contact your 501st Mexican garrison regarding approval criteria. But there is no reason you couldn't create a decent wearable costume . Good luck

Hello and welcome , building a fett costume by hand will always make it feel personal and a great achievement. It may be a good idea to contact your 501st Mexican garrison regarding approval criteria. But there is no reason you couldn't create a decent wearable costume . Good luck
Thanks for the advice man much appreciated; and i´ve tried to contact them but i haven´t had any success i will keep trying to contact them and keep you informed about my progress.

Do they have a forum ?
Yes they do, but my account hasn´t been activated so I can´t post any threads and also can´t read any, it´s been a few days since I created my account but they haven´t confirmed it, so I´ll wait a few more days. Also i have tried to contact them through Instagram, but still no reply.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back