Hola from Mexico City

DGraccoon

New Hunter
Hello, I´m David, I´m 25, I´m from Mexico City; and as many of you my childhood dream was to actually be Boba Fett, after a lot of weeks of this idea wandering my mind, I´ve decided to actually do it; the ultimate goal for me it would be to get the 501st approval; I´ve decided to do the ROTJ Hero Version, I´ve read a lot of forums for newbies like me, and most of them get to the conclusion that the ideal route is to buy a kit and start from there, but honestly right now I´m paying for my masters and i just don´t have enough money to spare. So i was thinking to do it from scratch using cardboard, fiberglass and bondo, those materials are cheap in my country and I´m willing to put the effort and time, and maybe buy the soft parts later; but my question is that type of costume would be enough for a 501st approval?, also being realistic it´s a longshot to make it in the 1st try; but anything can happen right?

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hello and welcome , building a fett costume by hand will always make it feel personal and a great achievement. It may be a good idea to contact your 501st Mexican garrison regarding approval criteria. But there is no reason you couldn't create a decent wearable costume . Good luck

DGraccoon

New Hunter
Hello and welcome , building a fett costume by hand will always make it feel personal and a great achievement. It may be a good idea to contact your 501st Mexican garrison regarding approval criteria. But there is no reason you couldn't create a decent wearable costume . Good luck
Thanks for the advice man much appreciated; and i´ve tried to contact them but i haven´t had any success i will keep trying to contact them and keep you informed about my progress.

DGraccoon

New Hunter
Do they have a forum ?
Yes they do, but my account hasn´t been activated so I can´t post any threads and also can´t read any, it´s been a few days since I created my account but they haven´t confirmed it, so I´ll wait a few more days. Also i have tried to contact them through Instagram, but still no reply.