hi does anybody know where to find the shin tools and some other things

BrightFett

New Hunter
I really appreciate u guys for helping me find my items I am currently making my first ESB build . I currently got all the armor in the making right now both weapons and holster ,the flight suit, leather belt ,gloves and jetpack . the only things I am missing are the shoes witch I will probably buy from fandango Fett, shin tools ,girth belt Wookie braids. ,helmet and ankle straps if anyone can help me find these other items that would be great .

BrightFett - I've got the "Jetpack Adjustment Tool" and "Survival Knife" which are cast in solid resin and are from Man of War Studios. (See the Cargo Hold for them)

Thanks,
-Iron

Hello brightfett! Welcome to the forums. Just alittle fyi. This type of post should be a for sale/wanted post in the cargo hold. As for shin tools, Buda fett suggested the real screen used shin tools. Funky red and irongladiator suggested reproduced shin tools. Totally your preference. As for wookie braids and girth belt hit up woodman here on the forums. Ankle spats should be attached to your flight suit already. If not hit up arkady here in the forums. If you looking for a bucket kit hit up wastedfett. For a completed bucket, keep an eye out for buckets in the cargo hold, someone will post one eventually fairy priced. Good luck!

Looking for some additional information on the Anti-Security Blade. The ESB CRL says level 2 requires the white/grey piece to be made from the lower section of a Paterson squeegee. Is this the same type of squeegee that the Sonic Beam weapon is made from or something else?

sandtrooper8867 - I do believe this is what they are talking about....
Paterson Squeegee.jpg

I'm doing a ROTJ build and this is what I intend on doing. MachineCraft has some really good looking Shin Tool Rods too.

MachineCraft - Shin Tool Rods.jpg

So for about $80.00 and some Airbrush time I can build the shin tools.

(y)

To the experts, If I'm incorrect in this please feel free to correct me.

Thanks,
-Iron

Thanks for the replies! So only need to buy one squeegee then. I already have the gaffers tape from another project. ;)
I am going to do a ESB hero suit, so any consensus on the paint colors needed for the tools? I am a newb so still learning about the bewildering details on the costumes.

Its more like gaffers tape

I was gonna say I didn't think it was electrical tape either. I got this stuff called "Gorilla Tape" (Home Depot) - now whether or not this is what is known as "Gaffers Tape", yeah I'm not sure, but it looked the part, so I got it.
Gorilla Tape.jpg

In addition, you'd probably wanna pick up some JB Weld to get the two metal rods to stick together and not solely reply on the tape for the bonding of the two metal rods. Its what I intend on doing anyway.
JB Weld.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
I was gonna say I didn't think it was electrical tape either. I got this stuff called "Gorilla Tape" (Home Depot) - now whether or not this is what is known as "Gaffers Tape", yeah I'm not sure, but it looked the part, so I got it.
View attachment 192457

In addition, you'd probably wanna pick up some JB Weld to get the two metal rods to stick together and not solely reply on the tape for the bonding of the two metal rods. Its what I intend on doing anyway.
View attachment 192458

Thanks,
-Iron
There is different types of Gaffer tape. What you posted is what is considered duct tape, which is polythene based. What F4R mentioned sports tape is different from gaffer tape. Sports tape is cotton based or latex based. Or I can be wrong? or is it the same thing? lol edit.

Last edited:
Gaffer tape is cotton based, it has the same texture as sports tape and is usually matte in appearance. Gorilla tape is duct tape and will probably have a shine to it and a different texture.

zemzero - Yep, I actually never took the wrapping off of that Gorilla Tape off till yesterday and noticed it had a sheen to it. One of those things if you don't know till you get the wrapper off it. I'll be on the hunt now for that matte tape. A shame too - cause it did have that look to it. Oh well, only was $3.00, and I'll probably use it for other stuff around the house.

Thanks,
-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back