Helmet in progress

This is so awesome man! I love seeing your work evolve. I'd really like to see how this looks on an actual person too for scaling! I think you're doing an amazing job. Any idea on pricing/availabilty yet? :)

Just a heads up guys, go to his Facebook page. He already has a sign up list with over 40 names last time I saw.

Was hoping to get in on one early myself, but sounds like it will be quite a long wait.

All finished. The hardest part has been the paint. Chrome paint is fine, but it's unstable and needs sealing. But sealing chrome paint dulls the surface down to a poor silver at best. To cut a long story short, I spent many weeks doing test after test, using all kings of techniques and products. I'm convinced that finished helmet isn't your standard bright chrome, the colour has been knocked back a little to give it a more 'steel' appearance. This was my approach.

Finished.jpg

My thoughts are it’s a shadow chrome effect applied to the helmet and possibly to his upgraded armor. A dark chrome so to speak. Looks good tho.

That looks very nice for a first go! The helmet had its chrome applied around “half opacity.” Just meaning that more of the base shows through, that’s how you get the darker look. The vent and some parts of the ears have the chrome at full opacity and you can see that color difference on the real helmet.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can give you some tips with the painting process and about a few other things you are missing.

Looks good - you’ve mentioned all runs are full and you’ll need a break after these are done... would like to be added to this future run.

Another great product from DAZ. I'm going to have to add this to my collection. Cant wait to see the other pieces. Armor is changing almost every episode, don't know when to buy...choices to be made

Yeah, metallics are definitely one of the more difficult things to paint, and they're bad enough just creatively doing a new original thing, having to match an existing metallic look just makes it exponentially more technical. Doesn't help that a lot of the better metalizers are so expensive too, makes experimenting a lot more stressful.

Great helmet..but I know that bounty hunter guild had pointed out certain changes they wanted to see. Want to snag one but..its hard get in touch

I'd be up for one but it looks like he's not opening another run until March of 2020. If I'm reading that wrong, I'm happy to be corrected and added to the list for a painted one. IIRC, he did the ESB Fett I have had proudly displayed for a number of years.

Shawn

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back