Hello from 32700

BH 32700

Hunter
I've been lurking here for some time now, but I just realized that I haven't made one of these yet. So here we go!

Hi everyone! My name is Simon. I'm a 30-something year old guy from Norway. I live in a small town up north, where we miss the sun three months a year. I like film, beer, costuming, coding and Star Wars. Sometimes all at once.

I don't recall when I saw the original trilogy for the first time, but I remember thinking Boba Fett was the coolest guy ever. And by the time the prequels came and went, I was deeply into Star Wars. I wanted a real Star Wars costume, preferably a Stormtrooper since that was something I knew existed, but at the time I didn't have the resources to get started.

Some year later I desided to try my hand at this costuming thing. I did some low budget stuff, like Link from the Zelda games, Finn from Adventure Time and (my favorite) Marty McFly from Back to the Future part 2. Highly inaccurate costumes, but tons of fun.

In 2015, at the local Force Awakens premiere, I rocked a brand new, shiny white ANH Stormtrooper costume that I had spent the better part of the year building. It was my first try at movie level accuracy. It was a steep learning curve, but I really enjoyed it. I've been on a couple of troops since then, having much fun.

Once you have one movie accurate Star Wars costume, you want another. I've desided to try and make ESB Boba, and I hope to have it done in time for Episode 9. I've been reading several years worth of threads at the BHG, the Mercs and here at TDH, taking notes and staring at reference pictures. I have also started gathering the costume, and have placed orders for most of the larger parts.

My original budget for this project is blown to smithereens because I forgot to take customs and import taxes into account. My time table looks like it is still on track, but I won't know for certain until I get everything home. And that is still many months away.

I will post my progress in a build thread when the time comes for weathering and assembly.

(Sorry, I tend to get a bit rambly once I get started. If you read all the way through all that, here's a Fett fist bump to you: *bump* )

Welcome Simon !! Fett is a lot of work and as you now, expensive but well worth the effort !! Looking forward to seeing your progress pics....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back