Hawk_Fett_ ESB Build

Got the shoulders on last night. Feels like Fett again after stripping all the old upper body armor off. Really looking forward to getting this painted up.

Attachments

• 20221017_200626.jpg
    20221017_200626.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 72
Went away for weekend drill, but got back after it Sunday night for a couple hours, and also last night for a few more. Trying to have a semi complete kit for a community Halloween event on Monday. Still have to cut, rough, paint, and build the gauntlets which arrived from Viva Fett. My Pulce 40 kit arrived from Wasted Fett and I got that trimmed, painted, but not yet permanently assembled. I started on the Jetpack last night. Will need to do the knee armor as well since they will take my fresh metal parts. Not pulling those off old armor. I did an incomplete test fit of the upper body armor and shoulders and it fits good. Minor adjustments here and there but good. I will be short my Clothears gloves for the event which are on order, and short my Jetpack harness, as it was returned to sender overseas after shipping issues. No idea what I'm gonna do to mount/wear the Jetpack for a night. I'll have to rig something up. Any ideas on quick fixes for gloves and jetpack mounting? I'll hear any of your ideas ha. I did dye a pair of military dress gloves. I may try to sew some patches on. The glove patches will look awful I'm sure but it will get me by. Here are a few shots from recent work I've done, including my ear plug marking method which was a good basis for where to mount hardware, but needed several adjustments. I've got a lot of pokers in the fire currently. Trying to make it happen. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20221024_201011[1].jpg
    20221024_201011[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • 20221024_200848[1].jpg
    20221024_200848[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • 20221021_104921[1].jpg
    20221021_104921[1].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 75
  • 20221021_104837[1].jpg
    20221021_104837[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 75
  • 20221020_215314[1].jpg
    20221020_215314[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 20221017_200626[1].jpg
    20221017_200626[1].jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20221017_200428[1].jpg
    20221017_200428[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 20221016_155336[1].jpg
    20221016_155336[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 20221016_110416[1].jpg
    20221016_110416[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 20221016_110125[1].jpg
    20221016_110125[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • 20221016_103506[1].jpg
    20221016_103506[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • 20221016_154443.jpg
    20221016_154443.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
You got a lot to do before Monday! I would focus on the doing the build right and not do a quick half complete job, so you will miss the Halloween event as boba fett, there will be plenty of other events to do. Take your time, it's a complicated build and you want it to look good!
Don't stress yourself out! ✌️

You got a lot to do before Monday! I would focus on the doing the build right and not do a quick half complete job, so you will miss the Halloween event as boba fett, there will be plenty of other events to do. Take your time, it's a complicated build and you want it to look good!
Don't stress yourself out! ✌️
I definitely agree with you on the not rushing part. It has taken me 3 years to get to this point come December. This will be my second full ESB paint up, so I am definitely making sure it looks good. I also want to do Viva Fetts armor justice, and lay down some good paint/technique. I've gotten more proficient over the years, but it's still a stretch to make the timeline for sure. I feel I can knock most everything out properly, except the gloves and harness. Those are huge question marks. The biggest hurdle is spending that spare time painting against family time, and in short order. We will see. Good chance I don't make it ha.

Went away for weekend drill, but got back after it Sunday night for a couple hours, and also last night for a few more. Trying to have a semi complete kit for a community Halloween event on Monday. Still have to cut, rough, paint, and build the gauntlets which arrived from Viva Fett. My Pulce 40 kit arrived from Wasted Fett and I got that trimmed, painted, but not yet permanently assembled. I started on the Jetpack last night. Will need to do the knee armor as well since they will take my fresh metal parts. Not pulling those off old armor. I did an incomplete test fit of the upper body armor and shoulders and it fits good. Minor adjustments here and there but good. I will be short my Clothears gloves for the event which are on order, and short my Jetpack harness, as it was returned to sender overseas after shipping issues. No idea what I'm gonna do to mount/wear the Jetpack for a night. I'll have to rig something up. Any ideas on quick fixes for gloves and jetpack mounting? I'll hear any of your ideas ha. I did dye a pair of military dress gloves. I may try to sew some patches on. The glove patches will look awful I'm sure but it will get me by. Here are a few shots from recent work I've done, including my ear plug marking method which was a good basis for where to mount hardware, but needed several adjustments. I've got a lot of pokers in the fire currently. Trying to make it happen. Enjoy!
Looking good! Maybe you could hack up an old backpack for the jetpack harness for a quick fix to get you by. I just finished my harness frame but it doesn't have belts. I could let you borrow it if you can fashion up some belts to it to get you through your event too.

Last edited:
Looking good! Maybe you could hack up an old backpack for the jetpack harbes for a quick fix to get you by. I just finished my harness frame but it doesn't have belts. I could let you borrow it if you can fashion up some belts to it to get you through your event too.
Thanks S1P! I really appreciate that offer. I should be able to make something happen around the house. That's "IF" I can get it ready in time. I was thinking along the same lines of backpack straps or straps of some sort that sinch down. Just to get me through a night. I really appreciate that offer though man! I still need to get you those helmet measurements. Left for the weekend out of town and slipped my mind! My apologies

Thanks S1P! I really appreciate that offer. I should be able to make something happen around the house. That's "IF" I can get it ready in time. I was thinking along the same lines of backpack straps or straps of some sort that sinch down. Just to get me through a night. I really appreciate that offer though man! I still need to get you those helmet measurements. Left for the weekend out of town and slipped my mind! My apologies
Don't sweat it! Come to think of it, I don't think I ever responded to you when you asked lol

Gauntlets trimmed last night. Disregard the "B" grade. They were labeled incorrectly per Viva Fett. Only grade "A" pulls for this Fett. Trimming the armor is careful and tedious work. Glad it is done. No more trimming. Finished the final layers of Satin spruce green and matte clear on the Jetpack and parts. Will probably shoot some of the red on tonight and assemble. Then on to painting the symbols, weathering, and finally attaching hardware. Really anxious to see the Jet pack finished. Probably one of the coolest parts of the build I think.

Attachments

• 20221025_212205.jpg
    20221025_212205.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
Long winded I know...Well, I met my deadline...barely. I worked every day after work and the weekends until 930-10pm and extremely late nights on the weekends. I was up until 1130pm on Sunday night to make it wearable. I didn't get to stop and take many pictures of the work I was doing, but I will upload pics of the final product when I get a chance. One of my favorite parts are the gauntlets. A lot of work, but they turned out great. I didn't rush anything but the process in which I moved from project to project. I sometimes get lost in the zone of admiring the work I've just done/staring at parts/ect. I knew I had a deadline to meet, so it was all business from that point. I approached the deadline with the attitude of, if the quality suffered, I wouldn't make the event. I've worked on this too long to rush my new parts. 3 years come December. So I took my time and made it count. I'm not finished by any means, and several things need attention/weathering/touching up, but the goal was producing something wearable short term that looked good and represented Fett well.

Several new projects in the mix. I'm re-painting the chest, shoulders, cod, and kidney, as I now have all new Viva Fett armor. The knees and collar are my new Viva Fett armor, so those will stay. I will be weatehring those more. The gloves were temporary fixes so they will also be tossed as they were fabric painted by my wife and mom who helped me out in a last minute pinch. It was either that or no gloves. I chose painted gloves which were actually presentable. My Clothears gloves on order, not sure when they will make it. I did pretty much finish painting/weathering my Jetpack, and love it. I still need to paint the base of the upper rocket yellowish orange, but it's pretty much done. I didn't notice that part was painted until after I was on the way to work yesterday morning, and the event was that night. I will say, the Jetpack is an awesome project. It is also another Viva Fett made part that will stay. My Belt sat too low so I will adjust that. And my thong strap was too loose, so that will be adjusted as well.

All in all, my costume held up pretty well last night. My Bigdane Jetpack harness got returned to sender in Denmark from the US so I didn't have that. I had to think something up that would work temporarily until he can ship it to me again. Not sure when I will get that in hand, but I made it work for now. I basically rigged a through bolt systems to sinching straps which actually worked really well and was pretty comfortable all night. It was pretty well hidden, but not canon. Looking forward to that harness. My leather sling is on order for the EE-3 from ConvergenceProp. I didn't finish the shin tools as the paint stirrer is on backorder and my squeegee isn't cut/painted. With all that said, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far. The kids loved it. My wife dressed up as the Mask. She's nuts ha. My daughter dressed up as the Pink Ranger, she's into the OG Rangers. And my brother is a huge Captain America fan, so he went as Cap. Thanks for following along so far and for all the help along the way. I really love this community. Few things in life are better than Fett! More polishing and adjustments to come. I will list all of the vendors who have supplied me when I post the final project fyi. Still a work in progress. :cool:

Attachments

• 20221030_232302.jpg
    20221030_232302.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105
  • FB_IMG_1667274785032.jpg
    FB_IMG_1667274785032.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 102
  • FB_IMG_1667274779556.jpg
    FB_IMG_1667274779556.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20221031_222502_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_222502_Messenger.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20221031_205505_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_205505_Messenger.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20221031_204730_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_204730_Messenger.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Long winded I know...Well, I met my timeline...barely. I worked every day after work and the weekends until 930-10pm and extremely late nights on the weekends. I was up until 1130pm on Sunday night to make it wearable. I didn't get to stop and take many pictures of the work I was doing, but I will upload pics of the final product when I get a chance. One of my favorite parts are the gauntlets. A lot of work, but they turned out great. I didn't rush anything but the process in which I moved from project to project. I sometimes get lost in the zone of admiring the work I've just done/staring at parts/ect. I knew I had a deadline to meet, so it was all business from that point. I approached the deadline with the attitude of, if the quality suffered, I wouldn't make the event. I've worked on this too long to rush my new parts. 3 years come December. So I took my time and made it count. I'm not finished by any means, and several things need attention/weathering/touching up, but the goal was producing something wearable short term that looked good and represented Fett well.

Several new projects in the mix. I'm re-painting the chest, shoulders, cod, and kidney, as I now have all new Viva Fett armor. The knees and collar are my new Viva Fett armor, so those will stay. I will be weatehring those more. The gloves were temporary fixes so they will also be tossed as they were fabric painted by my wife and mom who helped me out in a last minute pinch. It was either that or no gloves. I chose painted gloves which were actually presentable. My Clothears gloves on order, not sure when they will make it. I did pretty much finish painting/weathering my Jetpack, and love it. I still need to paint the base of the upper rocket yellowish orange, but it's pretty much done. I didn't notice that part was painted until after I was on the way to work yesterday morning, and the event was that night. I will say, the Jetpack is an awesome project. It is also another Viva Fett made part that will stay. My Belt sat too low so I will adjust that. And my thong strap was too loose, so that will be adjusted as well.

All in all, my costume held up pretty well last night. My Bigdane Jetpack harness got returned to sender in Denmark from the US so I didn't have that. I had to think something up that would work temporarily until he can ship it to me again. Not sure when I will get that in hand, but I made it work for now. I basically rigged a through bolt systems to sinching straps which actually worked really well and was pretty comfortable all night. It was pretty well hidden, but not canon. Looking forward to that harness. My leather sling is on order for the EE-3 from ConvergenceProp. I didn't finish the shin tools as the paint stirrer is on backorder and my squeegee isn't cut/painted. With all that said, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far. The kids loved it. My wife dressed up as the Mask. She's nuts ha. My daughter dressed up as the Pink Ranger, seh's into the OG Rangers. And my brother is a huge Captain America fan, so he went as Cap. Thanks for following along so far and for all the help along the way. I really love this community. Few things in life are better than Fett! More polishing and adjustments to come. I will list all of the vendors who have supplied me when I post the final project fyi. Still a work in progress. :cool:
Awesome! I'm glad you made your deadline! It looks great!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back