Have we discussed the belt pouches size difference on ESB?

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
Ahhh, well I don't know if I have ever seen a big enough pic of that shot in the hallway to notice it. Anyone have a better pic of that???
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter

Ego wrote:


As for Marmit having more access . . . I think it's probably almost a certainty. They've got some things pretty much nailed that all of TDH put together have had trouble with. :)
But thats my point 100%! If there version definitely shows a size difference, why wouldn't we go with it if the reference pics we have even remotely show the same thing?? And hey ego, I totally know this is a friendly debate, just trying to push for the greater ESB suit for us all!!!! ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
E

Ego

Guest
Ask and ye shall receive! :)




Well Paid Killer wrote:

Ahhh, well I don't know if I have ever seen a big enough pic of that shot in the hallway to notice it. Anyone have a better pic of that???
 
Last edited by a moderator:
E

Ego

Guest

Well Paid Killer wrote:

But thats my point 100%! If there version definitely shows a size difference, why wouldn't we go with it if the reference pics we have even remotely show the same thing??
Well, I'm just thinking that if we're fooled by it . . why wouldn't they?

just trying to push for the greater ESB suit for us all!!!! ;)
*sniff* Just the thought of that brings a tear to my eye! haha

Cheers
Jer
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
Bobsfettish, will you please get that ROTJ filth out of here! :D


Ego wrote:


Well, I'm just thinking that if we're fooled by it . . why wouldn't they?
Because they had more pics and reference to go from... (maybe)
 

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
I just read over the Marmit box and this is what it states...


It is exactly the same as the movie costume, with the only difference being the size. In the preparation stage for the sculpting of this model, our experts examined Lucasfilms slide archives and, where possible, the actual movie props and costumes to check their fit and how each item is worn.The result is in your hands with a quality that can only be matched by the real movie costumes.
 
E

Ego

Guest
Well just off the top of my head, I know there are a few mistakes on that figure though . . . . spats for one. The helmet is pretty bad too. Not even close to the right shape. So . . . they did sculpt at least one thing wrong.

But man, what I wouldn't give to have just a look at the same pictures they did . . . . they would help us so much.

WPK . . you're a big guy . . . what do you say you and me head down to Marin county and start knockin' in some doors! :) hehehe

Jer


Well Paid Killer wrote:

I just read over the Marmit box and this is what it states...


It is exactly the same as the movie costume, with the only difference being the size. In the preparation stage for the sculpting of this model, our experts examined Lucasfilms slide archives and, where possible, the actual movie props and costumes to check their fit and how each item is worn.The result is in your hands with a quality that can only be matched by the real movie costumes.
 

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
Ha ha ha ha... I'm in, lets go get our plane tickets!!!:evil We'll have this $hit figured out by next week!

And a few responses to your last post...

#1 The helmet does suck but also seems to be smashed into the box taking the flare outta it. Once heated it looks so much better!

#2 I think they did the spats because all the incarnations of the suit had them long before they went with the final ESB get up. And I can't really damn them for it because they come right off to reveal a very cool strap method that looks awfully close to the way his do in the film!

Where is good old Tyler Durden, I would really like to hear his take on this as well.;)
 

DL44 Blaster

Well-Known Hunter
In all the blank spaces we have for reference I've found myself using the Marmit for a "substitute difinitive" reference.Some things being the holster,sidearm,flamethrower/mounting plate.The belt bag is one more thing to acheive now.Even if we had our belt bags made even,and applied to our costumes to lengthen one it would acheive the same end. :) I for one can't re-do mine since Kattara is no more :(

Steve
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
Did I hear my name?? LoL.

After taking a good look at ESB movie stills (i.e. frames of the actual film), I believe the difference is subtle to none. It's a close call, as with everything ESB, the reference bites. What I did notice in the film is that the right pouch rides higher than the left pouch because of the holster. I am wondering if that is what the Marmit people saw and misinterpreted. Because looking at the movie stills, I am seeing very little difference in size. As always, I could be wrong, so I invite you to take a look at the photos below and let me know what you think...

 

Well Paid Killer

Active Hunter
Hey Tyler, would you happen to have any of those bigger?? Especially the bottom one in the middle? Doesn't look like he has a side arm on there??? But thanks for your take on the size situation, although its not what I wanted to hear!! :D
 
E

Ego

Guest

Well Paid Killer wrote:

But thanks for your take on the size situation, although its not what I wanted to hear!! :D
Why not? The costume just got a little bit easier! :) hehehe

Jer
 

fettpride

Well-Known Hunter
WPK -


Thought I'd let this one ride for a while. Thought I would watch and listen ....

Optical Illusion - Marmit (Great Artists, honest mistake).


Just so, I could say ...


TOLD YA SO :D

HeeHaw :lol:


-FP
 

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
Actually I hadn't even noticed the pouch difference on the Marmit fig-- even while I was painting away weathering it. So, I was a bit concerned when I saw this thread. LoL. I tend to "zone-in" on certain parts of the suit.

Actually from those pics, it looks like the right pouch is actually "sharper," i.e. filled more, than the left one.

WPK- Those are the max size caps of the "DVD." I can try to enlarge them a special proggy, but you can only do so much with limited source material.
 

Bountys Hunted

Well-Known Hunter
Tyler, got pics of your weathered Marmit Fett?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but would like to see yours first, before taking the plunge!!

:)

take care,

-Rex
 

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
I'll have to take a new pic or two of my Marmit. I'm not done by any stretch. And I'm not quite sure how far I want to go with it. But I did pretty much finish the helmet, and I can say I'm a 110% more satisfied with it after painting/touching up, because the Marmit paint job leaves A LOT to be desired.
 
Top