Guns

costume = money\skills
lizard = no money\no skills

Nobody is being rude, just honest. Read the threads and look at pictures before asking dumb questions and don't try to sell garbage to members.

Well if you're being serious about wanting to make a costume... You're 14 don't you have some old water guns or nerf guns lying around? Just use those with a coat of black spraypaint applied to them, and glue greeblies to them to make them all "scifi" or whatever.

Well if you're being serious about wanting to make a costume... You're 14 don't you have some old water guns or nerf guns lying around? Just use those with a coat of black spraypaint applied to them, and glue greeblies to them to make them all "scifi" or whatever.

Ok what are Greeblies?

What are they? Well you should really use the search tool, but since you're a total newbie I'll tell you, this once!

Greeblies are small details that you find or make that you think might look good on a prop.(or anything you're making for that matter)

I've been thinkin' troll as well. Reminiscent of a past troll who wanted us all to build functional armor and weapons and join his "Mandalorian Nation" so he could be the High Clam Lord.;)

Lizard, TDH has been around for over 5 years. More than likely, the answer to your questions have been answered somewhere. Just use the search option.

Now having said that, when you do find the answer ... PLEASE DON'T POST IN THE THREAD IF IT'S OLD!!!

Lizard- while some have been a little kinder than others in what they have said, the problem is that you first came on wanting to buy parts for your costume, then you wanted to learn how to make them, then suddenly you were wanting to sell items that you hadn't even made yet. It all seems a bit suspicious to the members around here. If you truly are wanting to build a costume, then I know that it can be really exciting and you want to find out everything at once but folks will be a lot more helpful if you first do your research. That means using the search function at the top of the page between the link for latest threads and quick links. You can just type in a keyword, like greeblie, and it will bring up all the threads that have that word in it. I know you said you are young, I know you said you have very little money. While it is still very possible to build a costume, it is going to take a lot of time, patience and effort on your part. You won't be able to just make a post like I want to build a helmet" and expect someone to tell you step by step how to do it. That is where you are going to have to really put forth the effort to help yourself and figure out how to do it by doing your research. This thread here is a perfect example. You say you want guns, but you don't tell us what kind of guns, or what you want them to look like or what kind of a budget you have. I mean, when you only have so much money, then you are going to have to settle for what you can afford, that means probably going to Wal Mart and buying a water gun and maybe painting it up and adding some stuff onto it to make it look good. The other thing is that, while not everyone, but a good bit of the people here are looking to make a very screen accurate costume, not a very inexpensive made up character costume. So again, you will find it difficult to get the answers that you want as many of the folks here are accustomed to spending a lot of money to build their costume right and make it look the best it can. You are going to have to use your creativity and imagination to do what you want. My suggestion would be to do a lot more reading and studying and less posting and see if this is something that you really want to do and can do. I wish you the best.

lizard= mando??

I put him in the same category as mando.

For one thing, when people give advise here or share opinions on someones piece, they're usually thanked for their honesty and opinion. you haven't done anything but complain about it. You're not the best so stop acting like you got something on the rest of us. Not one person here will tell you that they are the best but that is a title that everyone else will claim a person is.

Im not being rude to any one but everyone insults me. Is there something about me that funny or something because guys will never stop and let me speak.

mirax said it really well, but i think it bears repeating. a LOT of making a costume is doing research. yeah, this is your first time trying to make a helmet. but try to remember that this is a large group, and the folks that have been here for a while have seen "how do i build a helmet" more times than we'd like to think about ;)

just about any question you could possibly ask has been answered dozens of times before.

i think that before people open up their arms to someone new, they like to see that the new person has done his/her homework and is serious about the project.

this is why i really like the new title on the forum: boba & jango elite costuming forums. this board is, in my eyes as a member, all about making the best possible fett costume. and that means pouring your time, energy and money into something that is as near perfect as you can get.

so i think people will treat you much better if before you ask a question, you do a search and see if there's an answer.

ok thank you all for your advise. I know I have to research more bu im just to excited and I want to make one now. Sorry for my post earlier I was a little grumpy, I just woke up and wanted to check it.

A fairly easy and inexpensive gun to modify into a decent blaster is the Nerf Night finder. It retails for about $6

th_614961cd9a5d_main400.jpg

Here are couple that have been modified.
th_nerf2.jpg

A greeblie can be just about anything.
Here is a pic of mine in progress. You can see a couple of the things i used to modify it such as some washers. A couple PVC connectors for a barrel and an old aluminum paint ball barrel cut down for the mini grenade launcher underneath.
th_Picture_0386.jpg

Hope that helps some. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back